S1000rr 2010

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybickle

Reaction score
Hi all.

Have done the exhaust flap mod on my bike.

Will an end can make a difference or do I need to decat it as well?

If so, can I simply cut it out myself with an angle grinder and replace it with a decat link pipe?

Thanks in advance.

Make a difference as in the sound I get.

Exhaust flap mod is disconnecting the cables to keep the exhaust flap open all the time to improve the sound of the bike.

To decat you need to cut the cat yes - a stubby silencer (other than one of the cheap bean tin jobs) won't make it significantly louder without the decat.
If you intend to run on trackdays you will need a *long* silencer with a decat to stand a chance of passing noise regs.

Last edited:
To decat you need to cut the cat yes - a stubby silencer (other than one of the cheap bean tin jobs) won't make it significantly louder without the decat.
If you intend to run on trackdays you will need a *long* silencer with a decat to stand a chance of passing noise regs.

I recently removed cat and fitted Austin Racing link pipe and exhaust. Firstly didn't use an angle grinder to cut as risk of being on piss , Large jubilee clip around pipe (as guide) and use hacksaw. Follow instructions can't go wrong! Exhaust is the 200mm one with options of two different size inserts (or none!) one has smaller diameter outlet so should be quieter. I fitted the larger one and just so happened to be around Snetterton other week when track day wad on so got bike noise tested out of interest. Limit on day was 102DB and my bike was 103! If I had the smaller insert in think it would have passed??!!

Round about here ....Beg steal or borrow an exhaust cutter, so much easier.

Attachments

• arcs.jpg
    arcs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back