RR just in time for winter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s2h22

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not long picked up my rr and interested in learning more about the bike as well as contributing where i can. Was going to wait until next year but i was in the BMW showroom and caved in.

Still in the running in period just now, which gives me a chance to adjust to the power and other differences from my old bike.

Cheers
Scott

Hi All,

Not long picked up my rr and interested in learning more about the bike as well as contributing where i can. Was going to wait until next year but i was in the BMW showroom and caved in.

Still in the running in period just now, which gives me a chance to adjust to the power and other differences from my old bike.

Cheers
Scott

Welcome to the forum Scott. What sort of riding do you do? Road or track or both?
You'll find an awful lot of seriously good advice here [emoji106]
Ian, Durham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ian,

So far it has only been road riding, although i am keen to get some track tuition. I'm based in Scotland and i see there are some track days at Knockhill, but id imagine they are finishing up for the year.

Probably do some tinkering and cosmetic mods over the winter. Although keen to get the miles up if it's dry.

Hi Ian,

So far it has only been road riding, although i am keen to get some track tuition. I'm based in Scotland and i see there are some track days at Knockhill, but id imagine they are finishing up for the year.

Probably do some tinkering and cosmetic mods over the winter. Although keen to get the miles up if it's dry.

Hi Scott, I've not done a track day never really thought I'd be any good. The thing is, the S1K changes up your ability (significantly) I'm hoping to do a few next year. I do enjoy road riding although on this thing it probably isn't my best idea ever [emoji15]

Yes that is true, the capability of the bike is pretty impressive. I guess as long as you can enjoy yourself and not be a danger to others then its worth a try at least.

BMW actually are offering a 4 day track package in Spain. I would be interested to hear if anyone has done this before and if it was any good?

Welcome to the forum Scott, glad to have you here. Hope you enjoy the new RR.

Yes that is true, the capability of the bike is pretty impressive. I guess as long as you can enjoy yourself and not be a danger to others then its worth a try at least.

BMW actually are offering a 4 day track package in Spain. I would be interested to hear if anyone has done this before and if it was any good?

BMW track package sounds good, probably costs BMW money too [emoji23] l think I'll probably do Knockhill first, I actually fancy doing one in the wet! Now that would be a challenge [emoji106]

Welcome to the forum Scott and congratulations on your new RR!

Am very glad to hear you?re enjoying the bike already, though I look forward to hearing what you think after that first service. Is quite the transformation!

Enjoy the forum, there?s a great community on here and as Ian says loads of information.

Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scott, quite a few Scottish members on here, where about are you based?

Think Knockhill still has some trackways left this year, not really a track rider, I have done a couple but prefer the open road.

Welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

Hi Scott, quite a few Scottish members on here, where about are you based?

Think Knockhill still has some trackways left this year, not really a track rider, I have done a couple but prefer the open road.

Welcome to the site.

JimmyMac

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Jimmy,

Im based in Aberdeen but spend some time in Glasgow with work.

Hi and welcome,

As previously stated you will get an abundance of quality information here. I'm central Scotland and love my road riding but equally like the trackdays. Knockhill is finished for the year for bikes but I recommend you get on it next year I'm a regular so will see you up there. I recently did 2 wet track days and on the right tyres it was superb. Check my vids on youtube. My user name is Megabusa55.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Scott.. Im in Dumbarton.. caving in is easy to do when you see one in a showroom mate.

Like Jimmy I prefer road to track, but you learn a lot on the track so a happy balance is the plan.

Enjoy the forum.. if you havent done it consider premier membership.

Cheers

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back