Rip offs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split

Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant! Just called the blade group at Swindon to value you my fully loaded 2016rr as a trade in on a new bike with 2k on the clock... mint condition!! He offered me ?11,000 😂😂 when asked why so little on a ?16,000 bike he they have to give warranty and I said it's only 6 months old he replied yes but we have to loads of checks😂😂😂😂

No surprises there, out of interest whats made you decide to go for something else?

No surprises there, out of interest whats made you decide to go for something else?

Hi the only reason I'm thinking of changing is cos of all the horror stories I keep reading about people's going wrong all the time mate

Mines a '64 plate with over 5.5k miles on it, I've owned it since it was 1 month old and haven't had any issues with it at all. You always here about those who have actual (or perceived) problems but owners never post to say their bike is spot on and I suspect the vast majority are. Have you had any problems with yours?

No mate mines perfect! Had it from new and in all honesty if has not missed a beat... 6 months old now, best sports bike I've ever owned!! Love the thing 😀

I nearly did post on here the other day saying I must be the of the lucky ones but thought I'd be told where to go lol

Hi the only reason I'm thinking of changing is cos of all the horror stories I keep reading about people's going wrong all the time mate

It's the same people with issues though...and most owners aren't even on here.
Does my head in when people are scared into jumping ship. Either yours works or it doesn't, simple.

No mate mines perfect! Had it from new and in all honesty if has not missed a beat... 6 months old now, best sports bike I've ever owned!! Love the thing 

That is normal and good to hear.

Most owners don't have manufacturer related issues with their bikes, and the unlucky few that do have a comprehensive warranty.

Sounds like cobblers to me. Dealers must now be getting back in all those three-year-old+ machines financed on PCP with guaranteed values, no? Surely that's depressing premium used prices, no?

I nearly did post on here the other day saying I must be the of the lucky ones but thought I'd be told where to go lol

Haha, some people do have genuine issues with their bikes, some have to have everything to their liking and others just like a moan, it's what makes the forum! I love my RR as you do, there's nothing out there at the moment that I'd change it for.

Agreed brilliant bike !! It's just as I said all I hear is bikes going tits up!! Perhaps we should start one that's only for saying how brilliant they are lol....

MaccRR you're so right... I've had most of the sports bikes apart from the new R1 and to be honest the only one that came close was my 2015 zx10r.... but that's only my opinion

Im on my third S1000rr , 2011 2013 hp4 and 2015, Had a left hand switch gear on the 2011, nothing since and they have all been brilliant.

Imagine if you got a 2015 R1 or R1M to have a recall of a gearbox, complete engine out and stripped.

All manufactures have issues, if you read forums you will find that people do not post if they have no issues, only when stuff goes wrong

I've had mine since May 15 straight out the wrapper, brilliant bike , no issues at all. Traction has saved my bacon last few times I've been out ( not me being stupid,honest ! just got caught after it had rained ) quick shifter and blipper , don't think I could live without them now. Nothing I'd change mine for even if I could afford it. Certainly wouldn't get rid of it due to other people's issues with it , different if yours was a lemon of course.

Nice words mate.... yep changed my mind she's a keeper lol !! My mate did 18,000 trouble free miles and now has a 65 plate HP with 12,000 on her!! He has just paid ?380 extra warranty though 🙄

Nice words mate.... yep changed my mind she's a keeper lol !! My mate did 18,000 trouble free miles and now has a 65 plate HP with 12,000 on her!! He has just paid ?380 extra warranty though 

Hi Split, just like Beavis I've had my HP4 Carbon from new in 2013, never had any issues with it and have clocked up over 15K miles now, I also bought the warranty last year, purely as I don't relish the thought of stripping an engine that revs to 16k, when it only works out at a pound a day to have someone do it for you and replace worn parts with new.

Glad you're keeping it.

JimmyMac

Back