Reset service indicator light

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6I6Z6A

Reaction score
Every time I turn the key the "April service" indicator pops up, which is fine and I understand why it does this, I really ride the bike in winter and the weather has been a bit pants these last few months, I have only done around 2-300 miles on it tops, it?s a 2010 sport with 9500k on the clock, I was under the impression next service would be around 12k? I might be wrong, do I need to service it every month??? That?s a bit costly! And more importantly HOW DO I TURN IT OFF !!! :mad-new:

Thanks.

A GS911 unit is needed to reset the service indicator, or the dealer.

Servicing is every 6k miles or annually.

Really?? So if I wish to serviced myself or anywhere else they will not be able to reset it? Is this GS911 unit available to all servicers or just a BMW thing? If not then that’s a bit of a fudgey finger from BMW!

Also if its every 6k why is it indicating APRIL service? That would mean it expects this every month! That’s a 300+ hit every month to get it sorted? This can’t be right???

It needs to be serviced yearly, or after 6000 miles, whichever comes sooner.

You probably had it serviced in March last year so it thinks the service is due in April.

Since you have done less than 6000 miles, the time limit expires sooner.

I would like to be able to reset the service light, since I do most of the routine work myself. On my Aprilia, it is possible to reset the service reminder by entering a code on the dash, I am assuming this is not possible on the BMW ?

Anyone know where to buy/how much is a GS911 service unit ?

Does anyone have this tool? I am sick of seeing it everytime i turn the ignition on

I've been looking into purchasing the GS-911 as I have serviced my own bikes in the past, there are several different versions of these tools available and varying prices too (cheapest I've found is ?270). The restriction is how many bikes can be logged onto tool, unless you buy the professional model at ?450 with unlimited VIN registrations. No dealer will reset without first servicing bike, however there is a garage at Ruddington near Nottingham who have the tool and has been highly recommended on this forum. If you fancy buying tool here's link to supplier https://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/GS-911.html Hope this helps :race2_smilie:

Hi CPDDesign, how much are you looking for, which model is it and how many VIN's are available/have been used. Many thanks ��

Back