Replacement Battery normal or Lithium

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parley Waller

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Fancied a quick ride out on bike this afternoon and wouldn't start due to flat battery - Bugger!!

The battery is only just over 12 months old, bike has alarm which I know drains the battery so I have it on trickle charge for most of the time.
Have put battery on normal charger and when I now connect to my Oxford Oximiser its reading 12.9Volts 0.00Amps. I think this means battery is Ok or am I wrong?

If it needs replacing anyone got recommendation re make supplier and if lithium is way to go? Original battery lasted 4 years current one is made by Varta whoever they are!

Appreciate any feed back - Thanks.:crash_smilie:

See if it holds the charge. Varta is a decent brand & battery should be ok for more than 1yr, but depends on use. If it has been left in discharged state for long period then that can kill a battery fast. If it doesn't hold charge I'd replace it.

Road bike, alarm, I'd stick with a conventional battery. Biggest aH rating you can find. Varta / Yuasa are big brands

- Sent from Mobile

I have a Shorai lfx19a4-bs12 lithium battery and Shorai charger. Super lightweight and very reliable, even with the alarm system. It also comes with a five year warranty.

Latest posts

Back