Recommendations for dealer in the North West

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffeeboy

Reaction score
it's time for my annual service and not sure where to take it to have it done. Anyone suggestions who the good guys are (and who to avoid)

Thanks

I bought my '15 from Chester Motorrad and the service I got during this was spot on. For the first service I went back to them. as foar as the service goes it was spot on, no issues at all and they fitted HP rearsets during the service. Only gripe I had was the hanging around. I was booked in for 11:15 and 40 mins later it went in. I was told when I got there they were short staffed that day and they have an hour lunch break from 12. Luck of the draw I guess but I'll go for an earlier or later appointment next time. As I say the service itself was good and the young lady who manages the service is a bonus too!

Unbelievable, called to arrange a service, was told they were busy, took my number to call me back and 2 days later I'm still waiting, great start or what!?!?!

I was trying to get in with dealers today and got told they've all been hit by the recall of 30,000 bikes (not ours).

Recall on a rear flange or something for shaft drive bikes, not all are affected.

worst time of year to try and get in for a service. I booked my hp4 in for service (at the end of June) in April. Dealers now will be stacked out with new bikes going out, first services on new bikes, breakdowns / warranty jobs, basically it all kicks off once the riding season starts. Agree it's pants not getting a call back but they'll be too busy to get you in very quickly and probably have a long list of people just like you. The other dealer near your way is Williams Manchester I believe?

I know it's not a Cheshire based dealer, but having lived in Warrington for many years, I took (and purchased ) bikes from Rainbow in Rotherham. Excellent dealer, long serving staff who know their bikes. The servicing of my bikes was without question to the highest standard - and at the end of the day that's what most of us are looking for and expect with bikes like the S1000RR. Drop the bike off in the morning, take a demonstrator for a run up to Squires Cafe etc. enjoy the Yorkshire scenery whilst your bike is being attended to - makes for a good day. Although I now live in New Zealand ( and run a couple of BMWs) I come back to Cheshire each year, to visit the family , but I always pay a visit to Rainbow.

Back