rear wheel bhp

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full system which was fitted on both runs, the standard ecu on the first and a remap of the ecu for the second run. I have the maps if you want a copy
Are you running a PCV as well or just an ecu remap?
Where did you get the remap done please?

cool - did they change any of the TC setting? and/or make the quick shifter a bit quicker or was it just a engine re-mapp. How much did they charge you for the work done.

cheers

They change the TC settings, unfortunately the quickshifter can not really be changed as it relies on the sensor, which in my opinion is not the best. compared to others ive had and used. I have used a HM shifter on my track bike and have had one on the s1000rr and the shifting is quicker and more positive, as there is no moving parts.

The cost is £360, which if you buy a PCV and have a custom map then its good value.

Yeah sounds good - I want to have Hills do my S1, but there is a little voice in the back of my head telling me how long do you expect a 200+ RWHP machine to last (eh Russ!). I am starting to think that BMW only stopped at 193 for longevity of the engine..

Can you remember what he set the TC to. Going to a mate who chips BMW, he going to plug in and see if we can fuck things up...............

The tc is set at 8 ? it was changed to 3, i think this is to do with the cut level. i know its smoothed things out and the mid range throttle response is better.
At the end of the day how often on the road do we ride bikes to the limit and revving to the limit. I had mine done as he was recommended by my dealer over a PCV as i had a full system on the bike.
I have alos spoken to other people with other brands of bikes that he has remapped and they had not had issues. There was a guy at my dealer who had his 2010 done for some time and has had no problems.

Race or road depending on the weather and temperature, one thing that is alot better is the anti wheelie as it does not just kick in and make the front end bounce, it allows nice smooth power wheelies.

I was just wondering about that - dunno about everyone else but when I grab a handful in sport around the midrange the wheelies bounce up and down like crazy, but when i used race mode for the first time yesterday the mid range seems alot smother. I suspect BM thought that on road a more pronounced mid range would be of benefit.

I take it Hill's adjusted all the modes. mmm sounds sooo tempting............

cheers bud

does this affect the warranty as i have the full akro and find it a bit lumpy low down was looking at the PCV which i have had on other bikes which sorted this

but this does sound tempting and pretty local to me too so may nip down at the weekend for a look

From what i was told by the dealer and the guy who did it , it does not show on the dealers computer when they plug it in at service etc. I would think if it was sent away or interrogated properly they it would show up. At th end of the day a PCV and system will effect your warranty as the bike is not standard.
I have the full akro fitted too if youy want to come and have a look? im only in derbyshire

Hi
I spoke to Geoff earlier today and asked him a few questions and he came across as informative and helpful. I have a standard 2011 S1KRR and want it to remain looking standard. He explained that he could remap the ECU and that any type of Piggy backed module will only be doing half a job and that the way forward was to get into the ECU and change the parameters around. This would include the TC and Anti-Wheelie settings which would be smoothed out. He didn't quote figures on power gains as every bike is going to be slightly different, which is a fair comment. However, judging by the various comments I've been reading 10% gains in power and torque would seem conservative. So I'm guessing 200rwhp is achievable along with close to 90ft/lbs of torque. This seems excellent VFM in my book. I'll let you know how i get on once I have it done. It seems to be a good option for the GS'ers that have had the work done.....

Hi
I spoke to Geoff earlier today and asked him a few questions and he came across as informative and helpful. I have a standard 2011 S1KRR and want it to remain looking standard. He explained that he could remap the ECU and that any type of Piggy backed module will only be doing half a job and that the way forward was to get into the ECU and change the parameters around. This would include the TC and Anti-Wheelie settings which would be smoothed out. He didn't quote figures on power gains as every bike is going to be slightly different, which is a fair comment. However, judging by the various comments I've been reading 10% gains in power and torque would seem conservative. So I'm guessing 200rwhp is achievable along with close to 90ft/lbs of torque. This seems excellent VFM in my book. I'll let you know how i get on once I have it done. It seems to be a good option for the GS'ers that have had the work done.....

Would be nice if you could get a full description of what is changed in each mode. What it was to start with and what he set it to. What's the impact to the engine in terms of lifespan. After all they tune race bikes that get rebuilt regularly.

Cheers

I shall be asking him plenty of questions....he did tell me that reliability isn't compromised as the engine is working within its design limits......

I would love that to be 100% true, not that I know it's not or anything but definitely looking forward to hearing what he had to say.

As long as the fuel/air ratio is correct that won't cause a problem.

Altering ignition timing also shouldn't cause problems because,ultimately that is controlled by the knock sensors.

200rwhp doesn't sound unreasonable but,unless cam timing is played with,I doubt 90lb/ft torque-more like 85-87.

But,as we all know,dyno figures mean nothing-except for willy waving.

Changing dtc/abs settings-that's more interesting.

Hi guys,
I have just arrived on the forum but picked up my S1k back in April 2010. Please accept my apologies if I drift off topic.

Nothing but great respect for those that are pushing the boundries of our machines.

Mine is fairly stock engine wise except for Akro slip on and has never been to the dyno, although it has been to the red line a lot and I am happy. But I have always wished for better TC on the few track days I have enjoyed. Not ready to look at HP4 yet given the depreciation experienced on the early S1ks and the little time I get riding - just cannot justify it to myself or family. I am really interested in work that is being done to re-flash to find TC improvements. My concern is the longevity of the early light crank engines that mine is likely to be - I have read quite a lot (unvalidated) forum chatter over the early years suggesting the early builds could be top end and gearbox problematic. Low mileage on mine, dealer serviced and no problems - yet!

Any pointers to reliability threads on the early S1k's would be greatly appreciated before I make a call on this improvement.

On topic - not a clue regards my rear wheel BHP - plenty for me.

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back