Rear wheel alignment

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
Just changed the cush drives on my bike and put it together, was about to start tensing my chain when I noticed this bike has no reference marks on the swing arm for lining up your rear wheel spindle so you know each side is square to each other.

On my other bikes I have always set the rear wheel using these marks and then checked for parallelism using a string to fixed point, so I was checking the markers to ensure they could be used or if they were slightly out, its weird this s1000rr has no markers at all? so how do you guys check for the back wheel being straight?

Ta,
Lee.

Lightec chain adjusters
3c6b8f2cc4f71e6b7f2ab8867fff4e9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fair enough :) i was wondering if you measured from a certain machined face?

Lee, if you look closely at pofs photo you will see marks on the swing arm underneath where the lightech chain adjuster is. They are spaced around 5mm from each other and can be used as a reference when you line up the back wheel with the square OEM blocks. They are not as exact as the lightech ones but do the job.

I put lightechs on mine as they look the biz as well as being mm perfect when lining up.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I am pretty sure mine does not have those marks, mine is a 2010 model. i will have another in the morning, if they are not there its gonna have to be the adjusters :)

Lee, I've the same bike as you and yes jimmy is right there are lines on the swingarm that will help you with the alignment

I am pretty sure mine does not have those marks, mine is a 2010 model. i will have another in the morning, if they are not there its gonna have to be the adjusters :)

Good shout, its always easy to spend money on our bikes, one of life's pleasures. If you are buying them online be careful as some folk were selling very good look alike ones on ebay but for roughly the same money as the real Lightech ones.

Lets know if your bike doesn't have the marks, I have been looking online at 2010 photos but none are clear enough to see, might be another way to age these bikes.

JimmyMac

Just confirm, deft no markings on my 2010 (10 plate) swing arm :( vernia gauges it is.

Latest posts

Back