Rear sets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm just looking to buy some rear sets for my 2016 ! Any recommendations please? I've a friend who works for BMW who can get a big discount on the BMW sets but don't wanna get them just cos they're cheap!!
Thanks

I've recently fitted HP rear sets to my bike, I've got them set to the lower position just to give my knees a bit more room, it doesn't suddenly give the bike GS levels of comfort but it is an improvement over standard - of course you can go the other way and raise them and move them backwards and forwards too. They are beautifully made but not cheap (I got mine secondhand but unused) so worth getting at a discount but I'd think twice about it if paying full retail as there are more cost effective alternatives

Hi guys I'm just looking to buy some rear sets for my 2016 ! Any recommendations please? I've a friend who works for BMW who can get a big discount on the BMW sets but don't wanna get them just cos they're cheap!!
Thanks
How cheap ? Just to compare what else is about for price I'm looking at gia moto get discount on here with conquest carbon also looking at diamond they are cheap and look like to job in after

HP rearset are very nice but you cannot buy replacement parts as I've just found out. You have to buy the complete left or right hand side including the carbon heel guard.
The pegs are fixed and will probably snap if put on its side, but the peg probably saved more damage happening.

Yeah, although spare parts are available for Gilles rearsets, you can't buy HP spares direct from them then?

10mm down which you can feel but obviously it isn't a huge amount and I guess couldn't be because of the nature of the bike. They are starting to come up second hand on ebay at a lot less than the c?500 that BMW want, keep an eye out on there. They're made by Gilles (who are also making the official set you can buy for the new R1 - look very similar to the HP ones) so I'd also take a look at their adjustable rearsets as well as the ones Sissy mentioned earlier.

A chap I was talking to suggested light tech.... Said had more adjustment!?!

Yeah, although spare parts are available for Gilles rearsets, you can't buy HP spares direct from them then?
Unfortunately not and you have to buy from BMW but I can't see why a standard peg couldn't be screwed in. Maybe they are different sizes for that very reason?!
I might buy one and weld it in from the back as a spare, the original threads are chewed up so I could have it reamed and secured.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why you couldn't fit different pegs, I'm sure the more engineering savvy on here could advise

Should be fine but if it's welded it might not break off and cause the bike to dig in. Cheap skate tactics might cost a bloody fortune!

Latest posts

Back