Rear Seat & Cover Bad Fit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
I have noticed that the rear seat and the alternative rear seat cover do not fit very well on the bike at the front where the seat / cover hinges into position. The gap between the front of the cover and fairing behind the front seat is a few mm. On a very wet day last week water did ingress and as there are a lot of electrics under the rear seat section I am concerned.

Is this common and has anyone designed a solution? Am I installing the seat / cover wrong? Many thanks.

It's how they all are - it's basically clearance to allow the hinge setup to work - if it wasn't there, it'd strip paint every time you tried to remove the seat. I recently got mine back from the dealers having been jetwashed and the area under there was swimming. It's only the alarm unit and wiring for the rear lights. I'd bet that it's weatherproofed - the connectors are.

Not the cleverest bit of design, right enough though.

Last edited:
Shugs correct, a lot of people ask about this gap without realising it's clearance for the hinge. There's not many electrics under the rear seat, only the indicator/brake light harness. Unless you've routed your PCV under there in which case they come with bungs to protect the USB/com port.

Back