Rear seat and Kriega luggage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I am following on from my other thread about luggage options for the 2015 model. I haven't decided yet but am minded to go down the Kriega route, mainly because i hear Ventura bags leak. Kriega bags are totally waterproof and i like the option of adding extra bags if needed.
Now the question is how do they fit on. I have a rear cowl and no seat, so no luggage straps. I was considering buying a seat for this purpose but note that the rear only comes with two straps and not the required four. I am led to believe that the rear seat from 2012 onwards should fit my 2015 bike. Do any of these years rear seats come with four straps so i can order one of these. If not how are people attaching their Kriega bags to their bikes with just two straps or with no straps.

Pictures would be most welcome.

Thanks

Hi. Not sure on the specifics of the seat but I have brought Kreiga US20 to Spain and Scotland on the back of a fireblade with only 2 straps lopped under the seat. Bulletproof! :) Not sure if this helps! :-/

Richy, i'm attaching my Bagster tail pack using the two luggage straps (rear of pillion seat) + two cable ties attached to pillion grab-strap (front of pillion seat). This would probably be secure enough (depending on luggage weight) but i'm also using two bungee straps around/under the tail on the bike for extra security. If you want to avoid buying a pillion seat and use your cowl you could just cover it to protect paintwork and use bungee cords alone.....would be plenty secure as long as you attach properly ;-)

Latest posts

Back