Rattle on idle.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N80Jamie

Reaction score
I should be picking up my S1000rr gen1 this Thursday, all being well with the test ride and looking over a couple more bits.

I noticed the first time round there was a slight rattle on idle, nothing major, but this would disappear with the clutch lever pulled in. I'm aware these have skipper clutches and they can make extra noise but is this generally 'ok' or is It a sign of clutch basket/ springs/ plates damage?

Cheers,
Jamie

Forgot to add:

Also, when out in the test ride is there anything I can do to try and diagnose any of these noises?

The S1000 engines generally rattle and produce more ?mechanical? noises than Japanese bikes.
I would be surprised if a slight rattle is anything untoward.

My RR rattles at idle, and when starting up there is a loud cam-chain tensionor rattle for the first second, but neither are any cause for concern.

Are you purchasing through a BMW dealership?

I am coming from a Jap bike so I may be being overly cautious.

No I'm purchasing private but from an owner of a service centre. Seems like a genuine bloke but I'd rather be overly cautious when buying private.

I am taking it out on Thursday, so hopefully can get a better feel and dial in on the noise I'm hearing.

i came from an r1 and found the s1krr very rattly and noisey but 11k miles later all is well. wait to you take it out for a proper thrashing and then turn it off, never heard so much pinking and clicking and clunking 😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well fingers crossed I'll still be smiling 11k miles later! Ha.

Ha, I'll be giving it a good blast on Thursday so look forward to that one!

Well fingers crossed I'll still be smiling 11k miles later! Ha.

Ha, I'll be giving it a good blast on Thursday so look forward to that one!

How many miles does the bike have on it?

Have a good ride on Thursday, I?m sure your mind will be put at ease.

Hopefully you?ll be joining the Bavarian side very soon [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back