Rad and oil guards, evotech or r&g

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miffster

Reaction score
Stuck between the 2 , what's the best my heart is saying evotech , but I have read they don't fit that good , help please ,pics

Same with my R&Gs as alien, if I had bought evotech I'd probably be saying the same about them, just personal preference imo.

I went with Evotech, yet to fit it and the fairing has to be removed in order to get it on whereas, I believe, the R&G items don't require it. I went for Evotech mainly based on feedback here but also fancied a change as I had R&G on my Blade which never suffered with flaky paint.

More than happy with my R&G guards, but plenty of people on here will tell you that they're shit!

Look good, think that may well be my option for the oil cooler guard. How is it held on (the oil cooler one)?

Cheers
Simon

The R&G guards use black plastic cable ties to fasten both the rad and oil cooler guards. This is what puts some of the lads off them, but take the time to fasten them securely and they wont budge.

I went with Evotech, yet to fit it and the fairing has to be removed in order to get it on whereas, I believe, the R&G items don't require it. I went for Evotech mainly based on feedback here but also fancied a change as I had R&G on my Blade which never suffered with flaky paint.
I shall hopefully be fitting my evotech ones later today..:excitement:

I shall hopefully be fitting my evotech ones later today..:excitement:

Great, let us know how you get on? Loupe give us a bit of a heads up in another thread as he's fitted one, but I can't find the thread now. If I remember right you don't need to follow the Evotech instructions to the letter. I might have a go at mine tomorrow, I'm not riding again till it's fitted given that I've bent some rad/oil cooler fins already.

Great, let us know how you get on? Loupe give us a bit of a heads up in another thread as he's fitted one, but I can't find the thread now. If I remember right you don't need to follow the Evotech instructions to the letter. I might have a go at mine tomorrow, I'm not riding again till it's fitted given that I've bent some rad/oil cooler fins already.
luckily there are no letters to follow.. its all pictures on the site .. can't go wrong...can it ? lol

I printed out all the pages of instructions and on every page layed out the bolts which I removed.
I put masking tape on the belly pan to hold the removed fixings in place which were different so not to mix them up.
didnt remove the off side fairing as it suggests and fitted fine. Bit fiddly getting the oil cooler to line up and the cable fixing at the top of radiator has to be removed,which reminds me I haven't put back on yet

Pretty easy job.. struggled getting the bolt to line up through the guards... after 5 mins of fiddling I elongated the hole in the rad guard and presto.. straight in :D. The cable fixing sits nicely back on the near side of the rad.

Hi all,
Got my delivery today from Evotech and can say that Dan and his team where really helpfully and there product looks top quality.
Will wait till after my 1st service in the morning then fit poss on Sunday as weather looks pants up North.

Dean

photobucket.com/user/markrc45/media/image.jpg3_zps0pkyzilc.jpg.html]
image.jpg3_zps0pkyzilc.jpg
[/URL]

ive just got r g from sports bike shop. they dont seem to fit they are telling me they fit all years.
i cant get the little hook bit to hook overthe top of the rad as there is a plastic shroud around radiator. also on top no where to put cable ties and also supplied cable ties wont go through radiator fins
and one got pics of 2015 covers before fitting to see what brackets or on top

that looks like wider fitting brackets at top and better ones at bottom any one got pics like that off 2015 r g ones thanks

Hi all,
Got my delivery today from Evotech and can say that Dan and his team where really helpfully and there product looks top quality.
Will wait till after my 1st service in the morning then fit poss on Sunday as weather looks pants up North.

Dean

photobucket.com/user/markrc45/media/image.jpg3_zps0pkyzilc.jpg.html]
image.jpg3_zps0pkyzilc.jpg
[/URL]

ive just got r g from sports bike shop. they dont seem to fit they are telling me they fit all years.
i cant get the little hook bit to hook overthe top of the rad as there is a plastic shroud around radiator. also on top no where to put cable ties and also supplied cable ties wont go through radiator fins
and one got pics of 2015 covers before fitting to see what brackets or on top

if you are talking about the R&G guards, I don't recall a bit to hook over the top if they fit all years. I don't think threading cable ties through your rad fins is a good idea, they will bend as soon as you tighten the ties. When you say shroud, do you mean either side or all the way round. Pics?

Ye I was not sure at 1st about sitting on top of the plastic but a quick call and all sorted, it just hooks over the top and then held by the oil cooler screws.
Dean

Really? How do they come to that conclusion?? Probably only saying that so they can bill you for a new radiator when it gets holed the second time you're on it....

Back