race tyre pressure

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
I've just ordered some Conti race attack endurance tyres and they recomend 2.1 bar front and 1.4 bar rear cold ?? That's like 30.5 front psi and 20psi rear. The rear sounds very low to me what do you guys think ??

I'd run the manufacturer specs for the first session and then adjust from there. I run 28/30 front/rear on Sport Attack 2's at the track...never thought to drop the rear lower than 30 though!

I'm running a Dunlop KR108 slick at 20psi but they have very stiff sidewalls and are designed to distort and increase the contact patch.
Can't imagine anything other than a slick running that low.
Is it a slick?

Doesn't sound right to me either.

And if its not a track specific tyre then extra contact area doesn't make any difference really, it will still lose traction at about 1g of lateral force whether its at 20, 33 or 42 psi. Track tyres hold up to 1.3g of lateral force.

People running road tyres at lower psi, 33 to 35 is common, don't get any extra "grip" from that extra contact area than someone running at 42psi. Yes it might feel better and make you more confident but will still lose traction at same amount of force.

Sounds wrong to me too....might be worth calling them just to check its not a typo before you run that pressure and find out the hard way that its wrong. I always ran 29/29 on track....

I can't find the psi for the street anywhere on the net all I can find is track settings its a nightmare.

I'd be amazed if a major international brand has a safety related typo on their page. I don't see why it's so surprising when it's effectively Conti's cut slick.

Latest posts

Back