Quickshifter issues (input lever won't return)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BennyBank

Reaction score
Have had the OEM shifter working perfectly with a rearset from ARP for a long time, but when installing a Alpha Race blipper I got into trouble.
Never got the Alpha one to work despite many attempts. I have the 135mm rod, and even shortened the rod end in order to match the length of the OEM blipper, so the geometry seems right.
The problem is that the gear input lever won't return after a shift is completed (however it does so when the blipper isn't installed), so I need to give the shift rod a "reset move" in the opposite direction for a new gear shift can be made. Strangely it works well between gears, i.e. from 3 to 4, and back to 3 (low RPMs).

Gave up after a while as I concluded that there is something erroneous with the Alpha shifter, but when installing the OEM blipper back on the problem is still there!
(Did at some point adjusted the gear input lever position on the gear spline, but reset it to zero position, and have had the rearset removed and installed w/o any changes made to the installation).

Is there a quick fix I haven't thought of? Thanks!

Back