Putting throttle bodies back into inlets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laj-Rai

Reaction score
Happy new year guys!
Over the holidays I decided to check the valve clearance and change the spark plugs.
I'm having trouble pushing the throttle bodies back into the inlets.. The seals are not going in.
I have tried putting vaseline around the seals and even using a heat gun to stretch the seals and still no luck.
Anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks
Laj
6be12496bcbd3ce4c3b5560d859ae35f.jpg
08ab8cb9eadec9e2a77b22aeb9797fab.jpg
6464cf4f3d5def45c2298f5c9b712ac9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

i normally just use spit as i dont want anything helping them back off again. are the clamps loosened enough and check theres noting i the way. normally just a wriggle and push.

i normally just use spit as i dont want anything helping them back off again. are the clamps loosened enough and check theres noting i the way. normally just a wriggle and push.
Nothings in the way and no clamps either.. used abit of force just dont seem to be pushing in

Have you tried a soft webbing ratchet strap round the bodies and under the exhaust pipes

Have you tried a soft webbing ratchet strap round the bodies and under the exhaust pipes
That's a really good idea! Cheers pal will let u know how I get on over the weekend [emoji106][emoji106]

jus sit them on,wiggle with pressure,or tap witha soft hammer from 1 edge to thenext,i found the beemer ones easy to go back,the fireblades are a reall pain for some reason,failing that,use a bit of lube (hair spray is very good as evaoprates to nothing)

That's a really good idea! Cheers pal will let u know how I get on over the weekend [emoji106][emoji106]

Got on well with that idea pal! [emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts

Back