Problems with gearbox

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumbish

Reaction score
Hi, guys! Hope you can help me with advice. I have 2013 year S1000RR. Few days ago I was riding a bike and I realized, that bike shifts from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, but cant shift into 4th. I used quickshifter and clutch but no result. Then I drove some miles, tried somehow to shift into 4th gear and then finally I made it. But then I realized, that now its shifting good form 4th, 5th and 6th gear, but it dosn't shifts from 4th to 3rd. So I am very sad about it. Maybe anyone else have this problem?

Will be glad for any information!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its quite common to break the selector for 4th.

Gearbox needs inspecting and parts replacing.

- Alex

Hi, Alex! How serious is this issue? And how much it can aprox. cost to repair it?

This link is to a page that shows the issue and a billet solution. Not used it myself. You may just want a new OEM one, but either way I suspect this is what is broken.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodbmw,S1000rr.html

FYI, we have a rule that new members go to the Welcome Area to introduce themselves so, if you wouldn't mind doing so, we can then activate your account properly.

Last edited:
as above,more than likely selector fork is worn so no able to shift drum properly.it's not a chaep job,engine out+split,whilst your there a refresh would be a good idea as all it's going to cost you extra is parts (mainly)

Hi, guys! Hope you can help me with advice. I have 2013 year S1000RR. Few days ago I was riding a bike and I realized, that bike shifts from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, but cant shift into 4th. I used quickshifter and clutch but no result. Then I drove some miles, tried somehow to shift into 4th gear and then finally I made it. But then I realized, that now its shifting good form 4th, 5th and 6th gear, but it dosn't shifts from 4th to 3rd. So I am very sad about it. Maybe anyone else have this problem?

Will be glad for any information!
Did you solve the issue if so what was the solution

Latest posts

Back