Engine Hesitation at Constant trottle positions arouns 4 to 6k RPM - 2018 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debaditya215

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - After getting my second service done at 4500 kms -I started notocing engine stutter or engine hesitation - especially at consant throttle psitions - For example in 2nd and 3rd gears , if I am at 4k rpm constantly there is a lot of engine hesitation or vibrations and as a result you can hear the engine to be different in terms of engine sound/note and its ont as smoth as s1000rr is supposed to be.

Have taken it to the service center-- they have cleaned the throttle body inside out- checked the petrol in the tank ..made adjustments to the quickshifter as well... whilst its definite better , but its NOT as smooth as it was and the engine hesitation is still there. I have also used Liqui Moly fuel sysem cleaner to ensure , injectors or any moisture etc everything is clean - The problem still persists.
Any Leads as to what the problem could be - would be much appreciated.

Revs

Constant 4,000 rpm in 3rd gear... I?m not surprised that the engine is hesitating if your only using it at such low revs. The engine is designed to work best at high rpm.

But equally, Ryan, its a change in behaviour so is a thing.

If it happened after a service I would assume its airbox related, badly installed airfilter for example.

Check your O2 sensors are connected properly (they are clipped to the engine block on each side).

Was the exhaust disturbed during the service? Is it back on properly.

I'd be taking it back...

- Alex

Re: Revs

Hi.. Thanks for the response. Not indefinitely.... even a few seconds(Constant Throttle) and the bike starts to stutter and when you give it gas , doesnt accelerate straight away. there is a stutter or slight hesitation from the engine and then it pulls.

Hi Alex - Good Point..will take it to the service centre again to get it checked. I know the right fairing was opened to check the coolant and top it up. and may be somethng happened then.

Latest posts

Back