Problems changing mode while moving

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ubik

Reaction score
I cant seem to change the riding mode while in motion. I've read the manual and it says you have to pull the clutch lever right in then let the throttle off all the way then you should be able to change the riding mode while moving but my bike wont! The only thing I can think of is that is has the Accossato throttle tube fitted and it's that holding the throttle open a tiny bit that is telling the ecu that I haven't shut the throttle off so it wont change mode. The bike doesn't seem to tick over fast at all so I'm not sure it is that so any other ideas would be great.

Thanks

Hi, if you have a 2015 then you can only change modes if the brakes and clutch aren't pressed and throttle is closed. The mode keeps flashing if any of those conditions aren't met. Once the conditions are met, it takes about 2-3 seconds to change mode, you'll need to keep the conditions during those seconds.

At least that's how it works on my bike.

I've just tried and yes I can change modes while the engine is running.

Shad3 I've got a 2010 , I'll give what you said a go next time I'm out

I've just tried and yes I can change modes while the engine is running.

So it doesn't look to be the throttle causing a problem. So when riding try: select different mode using the Mode button, then pull in clutch completely whilst off the throttle, the mode change should then happen. On my bike it happens within a split second of the clutch being pulled in and will be the same as you have tried it with the engine running. Hope that makes sense. If that doesn't work hmmm....

Ok soothsayer I'll give that a try. I was getting off the throttle and pulling the clutch in before touching the mode button. So I'll try mode button then off the throttle and pull the clutch in ����

Finally got out on the bike today.. And it was me all along. Soofsayer... Absolutely spot on . Works just like you said

Finally got out on the bike today.. And it was me all along. Soofsayer... Absolutely spot on . Works just like you said

Thats great news and thanks for updating the thread. Happy days :)

Latest posts

Back