Pro Race End Can - disappointed.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
So I decided for a quick cheap fix on my bike with just an end can for this year so picked up a Pro Race can on ebay, looks decent enough and was only ?250, fitted it tonight and hugely disappointed! It looks good but it's no louder then the standard can!

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do or is it a lost cause?!

Unfortunately if you want a big change in exhaust note then you need a de-cat. 99% of all end cans will give you the same result.

Ok suppose thats the next step then.
How does a decat fair on an MOT, is it a definite fail?

Is a decat hard to fit?

should pass an MOT, i havent had mine MOT'd yet since i done the de-cat. Fitting the cat means you have to cut the old cat off the stock headers, or you have to buy a full system to delete the cat......I think.

There is no emissions or noise test for an MOT. If you get an arsehole they'll look for DOT stamps on the unit.

As others have said you won't get much noise unless you fit a bean tin / decat.

should pass an MOT, i havent had mine MOT'd yet since i done the de-cat. Fitting the cat means you have to cut the old cat off the stock headers, or you have to buy a full system to delete the cat......I think.

Thanks for the replies.

Pain in the arse, can't be bothered to cut the headers and don't fancy dropping a grand on a system…why can't it be like a normal bike where a cheap can makes them sound good?!

Hummmmm
sorry gotta disagree with the above.
to start off with if you want a better sound buy an arrow stubby can, looks nearly the same as yours but silver in colour and I can say first hand it sounds superb! Much louder than standard and if you go on a 98 db drive by track day (standard bike noise) you will be black flaged! ( mine registered 100 drive by which is loud and still has the cats fitted!)
as regards the mot it will fail if substantially louder than the standard exhaust but fortunately bmw have managed to reduce the noise on static testing by magic electricary so there are no noise issues whilst testing standing still.

One thing I have just noticed is my bike is a 2015 so could be different to the earlier models regarding noise?

i went for an M4 GP end can on my '15 for ?300 ......took the baffle out and it's LOUD! .....tempted to put the baffle back in coz it's borderline unsociable! :p

I'm the same with my AR slip on can, it looks fantastic but no difference really at all over standard can. I know de-cat is the ideal solution but it's expensive, I thought the AR can would have made some difference but I don't notice anything over the standard pipe on my 2010 S1000.

Clarke.

Ive a Delkevic slip on on mine...no decat and it is VERY LOUD, lovely howl on full throttle and wurble and pop on over run. I paid 160 for it after I bought the bike. I was looking at all sorts from 400 to 900 and couldnt justify it and opted for this its my second one after my 10R...

ForumRunner_20160517_134714.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know the exact model of your Arrow Stubby can?
I am looking to fit something louder to my 2016 S1000RR and don't want to have the faff of the power commander etc
Hummmmm
sorry gotta disagree with the above.
to start off with if you want a better sound buy an arrow stubby can, looks nearly the same as yours but silver in colour and I can say first hand it sounds superb! Much louder than standard and if you go on a 98 db drive by track day (standard bike noise) you will be black flaged! ( mine registered 100 drive by which is loud and still has the cats fitted!)
as regards the mot it will fail if substantially louder than the standard exhaust but fortunately bmw have managed to reduce the noise on static testing by magic electricary so there are no noise issues whilst testing standing still.

Latest posts

Back