Power wheelie...too easy?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Does every S1000RR try to invert itself in 2nd gear or is mine being special? I'm riding in sport mode and coming off 2nd gear corners I'm finding I'm pulling DTC controlled wheelies everytime.

Is it just a case of needing to be more controlled with the throttle or is it a suspension/swingarm issue that can be dialed out? I assume I just need to be more careful but I don't feel like I'm really accelerating that hard at that point...

Weird. I have mine in race and it feels like mine cuts power when front wheel comes off the ground. Actually starting to do my head in. Light on the left flashes like mad and the front wheel won't come up. Either that or it's coming up past where it should and I've not noticed that the front wheel is that far off the ground... Haha

Can't imagine Sport Mode being more lenient?! I've never tried RACE mode despite being on track as I thought it was aggressive enough :-S

Never taken mine on the track. Don't think I'd get on one with my exhaust anyway. Haha. But yeah. Tried power wheelies, doesn't seem to want any of it. It's not as if I'm heavy either. 5ft 11 and 13 stone. Put it into slick mode after I'd turned off abs and dtc in race mode to see if that made any difference and couldn't tell. Haha

Im 20+ stone and 6'2. yes 2nd gear pinning it, front will lift, its fun, but on a track will cost u time.

I keep mine on slick mode... 2nd is a definite wheelie..so I avoid the dragging....lol

Back