Power loss during track day šŸ˜­

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Was at snetterton yesterday everything was all good until after lunch I filled up at the fuel station & by the end of the next session I started losing power & acceleration on the back straight I was hitting 130 instead of 170ish !! No one else seemed to have any problems with the fuel tho??? Also fitted full akropvic system recently which as been perfect I was wondering can the ecu suddenly spit out an error without a powercommander ?

weird

what other symptoms were there? is the engine gruff? missing a cylinder? any warning lights? check for blockage in the air box too...

Sounds like a breathing or ign failure.
I'd check for a blockage in the exhaust. Then move to the intake and the plugs.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Just seems to be in limp mode no other symptoms really ... sounds less grunty than normal. Gonna try orwells tomorrow & get it plugged in on the fault tester. Failing that like u say plugs, coils & air filter bloody thing won't even wheelie!

Maybe your bike got hold of some of the weed the guys were smoking there!, ��

Get a magnifying glass and check the wiring under the tank, very carefully, especially if it an earlier bike.

Just had it plugged in the flap on the exhaust isn't opening fully on acceleration so either it's faulty or the servo has snapped a tooth! The servo lead was tight when I installed it however you couldn't adjust it any different, hopefully I can just disconnect it altogether so it stays open all the time

Hi ADz, you can leave the cables connected and just remove the circular paddle inside the exhaust just leaving the spindle in place. Saves the servo motor 'hunting' on start up. It is attached via a very small bolt, a good set of long nosed pliers got mine off.

JimmyMac

Jimmy... was that on the standard system or the akrapovic? Cheers anyway I'll have a look

on further investigation after all that the bloody wodding in the cat has come loose & blocked the exhaust!! In less than 400 miles!!! Refund me thinks

I've asked for the race link pipe instead just means power commander , custom map & mwr air filter to quiet her down & pray I get on track ! Waiting to her back from akrapovic, just hope they not expecting a straight swap as the cat link pipe was 700 extra !!! I seem to find these problems know one else gets lol ..... Like my r&g frame bolt snapping without out any impact (as I was riding along)

Latest posts

Back