Power Commander?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACSFX

Reaction score
Hi, recently bought my 2013 bike, absolutely love it. Whoever owned it before me just threw money at it and its dripping in extras. One of these is a full Leo Vince sbk system. Sounds fantastic but removing the cat has, I think caused my bike to run really hot. I have heard that a power commander will help with this as factory maps are very lean. Has anyone done this? Cheers Andy

Power Commander

You would be best off taking the bike to your local Dyno Centre and requesting a baseline power run. This will identify if there are any issues with the A-F ratio and whether you need to fit a Power Commander, or similar fuel management system, and have the bike mapped.

Agreed. The bmw does run very hot as well mind

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed. The bmw does run very hot as well mind

It does but I do a lot of commuting on it, just trying to save my nuts a little [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
😂😂😂 i commute daily on mine and feels like my fans are constantly on

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] i commute daily on mine and feels like my fans are constantly on

[emoji4] fair enough, just need to get used to it I guess, I had R1's before and none ran as hot.

Me to. Jist spent 3 days at aragon on my r1 and it didnt get as hot as my s1kr

Me to. Jist spent 3 days at aragon on my r1 and it didnt get as hot as my s1kr

On the up side it is going to be getting cooler now [emoji15][emoji4]

Hi, recently bought my 2013 bike, absolutely love it. Whoever owned it before me just threw money at it and its dripping in extras. One of these is a full Leo Vince sbk system. Sounds fantastic but removing the cat has, I think caused my bike to run really hot. I have heard that a power commander will help with this as factory maps are very lean. Has anyone done this? Cheers Andy

By removing the cat the bike runs colder and not hotter. As its been mentioned you can go to the local dyno and check if the map it has is OK and find the HP you have.

By removing the cat the bike runs colder and not hotter. As its been mentioned you can go to the local dyno and check if the map it has is OK and find the HP you have.

Thanks, I'll do exactly that.

Ahh this is helpful read as im looking at decatting my 2011
Running it for a while without a remap ir commander wont wreck the engine would it guys?

Ahh this is helpful read as im looking at decatting my 2011
Running it for a while without a remap ir commander wont wreck the engine would it guys?

Ash, I decatted my 2013 HP4 after about 6000 miles removed the baffles and fitted a K&N lifetime filter. No other modification.
I have now clocked up 15000 miles with no issues whatsoever.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Ash, I decatted my 2013 HP4 after about 6000 miles removed the baffles and fitted a K&N lifetime filter. No other modification.
I have now clocked up 15000 miles with no issues whatsoever.

JimmyMac

Same here - and the BMW dealer supplied and fitted the decat link pipe for me :).

Latest posts

Back