Power commander install? Tps wire, solder or not?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C3RRR

Reaction score
Hey guys, getting myself ready to install the pc5.
Has anyone done it themselves?

Regarding screwing the wire to the tps, is the connection good enough without soldering it?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, getting myself ready to install the pc5.
Has anyone done it themselves?

Regarding screwing the wire to the tps, is the connection good enough without soldering it?

done it many times, screwing the wire is more than enough just do it carefully.

Hi,

The only thing I'd NOT use is the guillotine style taps often supplied (see pic). Over a couple of years the vibration continually rocks the blade against the wire and cuts it right through. Happened on my Ducati leaving me stranded in France for a few hours till I worked out what it was.

I'd use a Posi-lock.... brilliant things and it doesn't cut the wire, just a needle insertion so the wire and insulation remains largely intact.

J

Splice.jpg

Hi,

The only thing I'd NOT use is the guillotine style taps often supplied (see pic). Over a couple of years the vibration continually rocks the blade against the wire and cuts it right through. Happened on my Ducati leaving me stranded in France for a few hours till I worked out what it was.

I'd use a Posi-lock.... brilliant things and it doesn't cut the wire, just a needle insertion so the wire and insulation remains largely intact.

J

View attachment 4950
They look Brill, amazon?

Just ordered some, will save a load of faffing about.
Cheers brother

I actually ended up using the items provided and seems strong enough to be honest.
Of I ever break down I'll do a road side fix.
Even with a generic map the fuelling is improved, but no perfect.

Posi lock or posi tap pic below... different colour = different gauge wire.

You can get T taps, Joiners etc.

J

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back