Possible quick shifter issue

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAC

Reaction score
Hi,

Had the bike nearly a year now (2010 Gen 1) had the familiar issues you all appear to have, Switch gear, porous sump.

Got a new issue hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

When changing up the gears (more noticeable 1st -2nd) the bike loses power for a split second then pull's ok.

Suspect it's something to do with the quick shifter.

Bikes just back from a minor service with no mods since.

Loosened off the clutch cable with no effect, was going to try resetting the QS to see if that cures it.

Have I missed anything before I try the reset?

Thanks in advance.

Every bike does it, It's because your not in high enough revs, Go to 9k+ and it'll change smooth, Anything less and it struggles.

Check your chain is correctly tensioned, if it's too tight or too loose you can get that hesitation you describe.

OEM Quickshifter

If your quickshifter isn't functioning correctly you may just need to reset it as it's likely an issue with the adaptive values. Performing a reset is simple. Just put the bike on paddock stands; disconnect and reconnect the battery; turn the bike on and run through each gear selecting each one for over 10 seconds.

Think you will find BMW state it's a shift assist, not quick shifter. Even on the '15 it's not 'good' but is nearly good lol. As stated it's better at higher revs than lower. If you roll off 1-2 mm on the change it's perfect....Had an HM shifter on my '10 but couldn't get it to work successfully even with HM assistance and changed back to OE. BMW box is not the best unfortunately even now. '17 owners may say different....

Re: OEM Quickshifter

If your quickshifter isn't functioning correctly you may just need to reset it as it's likely an issue with the adaptive values. Performing a reset is simple. Just put the bike on paddock stands; disconnect and reconnect the battery; turn the bike on and run through each gear selecting each one for over 10 seconds.

Is that for all years?

Re: OEM Quickshifter

Thanks for the advice, I replaced the chain before the service so tension is good.

Will try to reset the QS.

A quick update, re set the quick shifter, to no avail, is there anything else I can do before I call the dealer?

Back