Portimao May 16-18 '24

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just back from another trip to Portimao. On the bike I managed to get a 2:02.99 (No we're not calling that a 2:03 :p ) whereas before on the Gen3 I only managed a 2:05 in 2022. The data log shows I had 2:01 pace if I could have strung a lap together with all my best sectors. The Gen 5 is definitely a better bike for me and what I need out of it. And it's been super reliable so far, touch-wood.

Off the bike on Day 3 I managed to wrench my lower back and was nearly off to the hospital. Bananaman and 2 others got the bike and kit packed away and then got me to the airport and home where they wheeled me back to the wifes waiting car. Now flat on my back in my home. My core is just stupidly weak and got over stressed by me searching for PB's. Lessons for me to learn there about maintaining some 'core' fitness.

Portimao is a hell of a challenge. Wind was quite a big factor. Got blown sideways on the start and finish in the afternoons. But the track is so good, it's a must do IMO.

Good to share a beer or two with other forum members

Best of day 2...

Sorry to hear Alex... hopefully you are feeling better, and get your bike fit exercise going, in time for Mugello in August.

These trips abroad look great. Sorry to hear that it ended badly for you, Alex, but I suppose at least the bike came home safely and you are hopefully now feeling better?

What is the cost for doing these types of trips (all in!)?

Yes, yet another good trip, matched my best 2.05, can't help but be disappointed not to at least knock a second off, ol father time I guess. Alex was on the ball, he's just got to hold his body together (again :unsure:)
On to Mugello next, new track for me so no expectations ...

These trips abroad look great. Sorry to hear that it ended badly for you, Alex, but I suppose at least the bike came home safely and you are hopefully now feeling better?

What is the cost for doing these types of trips (all in!)?
600-1200 ish depending where and how long for tracktime, hotel transport and breakfast, flights 100ish, travel for bike drop off to transportation point and pick up at the end, hire car once there (share), 3-4 tyres, fuel 60 ltrs ? + however you eat/drink in the evening per day.
What's free, is good company ....

600-1200 ish depending where and how long for tracktime, hotel transport and breakfast, flights 100ish, travel for bike drop off to transportation point and pick up at the end, hire car once there (share), 3-4 tyres, fuel 60 ltrs ? + however you eat/drink in the evening per day.
What's free, is good company ....
Sounds really good value for what you’re getting!

Latest posts

Back