Pillion footrest plugs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobo

Reaction score
Can someone link me a website which sells (not BMW) some sort of black nondescript plugs for when you take the pillion pegs off and need to secure that bracket thing inside the sub-frame?

BMW want stupid money for the OEM plugs, and I don't want any of the flashy branded cover plate rubbish (R&G, etc) that I've only been able to find so far on the likes of eBay.

I just need something legit to refer to see what I can then find down here in Oz...

Thanks all

Can someone link me a website which sells (not BMW) some sort of black nondescript plugs for when you take the pillion pegs off and need to secure that bracket thing inside the sub-frame?

BMW want stupid money for the OEM plugs, and I don't want any of the flashy branded cover plate rubbish (R&G, etc) that I've only been able to find so far on the likes of eBay.

I just need something legit to refer to see what I can then find down here in Oz...

Thanks all
Ill look for the ones I took off my bike..if I have them there yours..

Or buy some panhead screws and paint them black..should be easy enough fix tbh..

Stu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15 quid ea. Ffs thats extortionate. I found 2 immediately..and I also have 4 not unnatractive panheads. I may have the other two kicking about so will have a look for them mate.

The panheads would paint up nicely but of course sit proud on the sub frame..I'll mail you them down but guess you could pick them up locally from screwfix or autocare shop.. the pitch looks identical. M8.

Stuart
4933380dabc4265acd8a462311912150.jpg
09a820f27747b54ee3ec55988ffc4f3f.jpg

U know he is in Australia.

Haha I never noticed that, what the hell is he doing on here lol... only kidding Cobo if your reading this... I read his post on my phone and had no way of knowing he was in OZ....ucht well...but 15 sheets for those wee threaded blanks..outrageous..

Beauty thanks guys. I didn't have much of an idea of what to search for (black nylon M8 pan heads) but now I do I can start sussing out options - thanks snooker and RyS1000RR - I'll check out both.

Thanks stuartb, those black one look perfect! Too bloody bad one of my ancestors got nicked and I'm all the way down here (!). Weather's good though ;-)

This forum is leaps and bounds better than the US one, too many knobheads on there.

Thanks stuartb, those black one look perfect! Too bloody bad one of my ancestors got nicked and I'm all the way down here (!). Weather's good though ;-)

This forum is leaps and bounds better than the US one, too many knobheads on there.

No worries mate...I replied to you on my phone and never realised you were down under.. I think you should have no bother getting some in OZ.

Did you tell us where you live ?

Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back