Pick up a 2011 Motorsport colour in the AM

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKDUCsRUS

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, newbie in Gloucestershire looking forward to getting the keys to my bike in the morning. Coming from a Ducati and looking forward to wobbling around a few track days this summer on the BMW.

Welcome. Also from Gloucester myself, the dirty abused yellow one, you might of seen at a few wednesday night meets

Welcome, give us a pic when you get it.

Cheers chaps, but after tracking 1.5 hours to the dealer I've come home bike less and with my deposit back in hand.

To make a long story longer ....... I stopped into the not so local BMW dealer last week while traveling and they had just taken in a 10 plate with low miles that I liked. Had a good natter with the sales chap who seemed like a good guy, thought it over a few days and called him up to make the deal. In the discussion it turned out they had another one on the floor I hadn't seen a 11 plate with only 3,000 miles on it. One owner original bike as good as the other one I was looking at.

Heres where I made the mistake, I looked at the pictures on the site, while the sales rep walked around and briefed me on condition, I asked specific questions about fork legs, tyre wear, drive chain, service record, overall condition with the description being bike is perfect except for one small stone chip on the nose cone and the tyres being about 50%, he said the bike would be serviced! new tyres fitted and their paint guy would detail the bike and touch in the one chip! best part the price would be the same as the other bike I had looked at.

Let's see, one year newer, only 3K miles, new tyres...sounds perfect, did the deal, arranged insurance and scheduled pick up Saturday....

Had a sleepless night Friday night due to the excitement of picking up a new to me bike, woke up early, hooked up the trailer, drove the 1.5 hours to the not so local BMW dealer. Walked in and the sales man pointed me to my bike while he finished talking to two other customers.

Bike was shagged, if it was 3000 miles, every one of them was during the winter months while riding down a gravel track while behind a gravel lorry dropping its load, corrosion on the cases, muck and rust on the chain, the fork legs had chips up and down the anodising, looked like they had been grit blasted, yes they had fixed one paint chip but, there was not just the one, again the fairing was peppered with chips, the windscreen had chips in it, the worse bit was the left side engine case had huge chips in it that looked more like gravel trap marks. Finally their definition of detailing was to throw a bucket of water over it. Seriously?

What pissed me off the most was when I pointed this out to the sales guy, he immediately got defensive and said "oh if I'd known you'd wanted a new bike"..... The sales manager came around and gave me the..".they are all like that sir" to which I pointed to the now sold near perfect 10 plate I had originally seen sitting next to this one. I was gutted and pissed.

Happy ending though, after driving back home and having a cup, my local BMW dealer, Cotswold, called me about a 13 plate, went to see it, looked at the deals being done on new bikes and ordered a new Motor Sport S1000RR. Best of all they listened to my story about the other dealer and sorted out some good will gestures as a part of the deal. This is my second BMW off them in 4 years and really rate their service!

Cheers

Alls well that ends well and all that malarkey, glad you got it sorted. Good customer service from any dealer regardless of manufacturer goes a long way.

New bike great well done, you should name and shame other dealer, give them bad press where ever you can and hope BMW see it.

Got called this week from Lee at Cotswold BMW, my crate is on the way could be picking her up within the next two weeks! Excited!

Bike is PDI'd and looks like I get to bring her home soon! Work is manic at the moment but going to try and get a free day out in wales to crank through the break in miles. Looking at heading across Malvern looping across and up to Abergavenny across to Aberystwyth back toward Hereford and down to Gloucester via Malvern.

Any suggestions on break in specific to this bike or routes would be welcome.

pictures to come.

Glad you sorted it....had very similar thing....saw a cbr1000rr on ebay selling spoke to guy.....mint wos is description.... So jump on bike....50..miles.... Get there....and hes saz....couple of thing forgot to mention..... Like.....tyres...low tread chips in fairings..swing arm...chip in it...sprocket.... Little worn...stranght out of there 'he hopes dash.... So....good to hear your dreams came true.....karma...all ways proveil

Picked her up tonight. Absolutely amazing, 25 miles in and she handles sweeter than the Ducati, feels light and even on break in rev limits she pulls like a train...now to work through the first 600 to free up the upper revs!

Jealous..... Got a week to go.......you have fun....sounds like waits worth it.....am just a a window licker a mo.......

Managed to put 200 miles on this weekend. Really like the way she rides. Very stiff over bumps but to be expected. I'll set the sag and play a bit with suspension this weekend. Nervous about the radiator and oil cooler. Need to fab up a guard and maybe get some RG protectors. Anyone planning a track day second half of July?

Latest posts

Back