PC Autotune?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbaz

Reaction score
Hi people, I'm after some advice please? I've just bought a 2011 RR & going to fit de cat pipe & end can etc...I have a PCV but just wondered is there any benefit in fitting an Autotune or will the PCV do on its own?
Cheers

I'd be interested in any answers here, so I've got the full set up on mine, PC5, autotune and secondary module. However, having loaded the recommended (and closest) map into the PC5 and switched on the autotune the map still felt miles off to my 'dyno seat'

When I questioned I was told to get it mapped properly, so I ask what's the point of the autotune???

I can't help with the autotune question. But I can tell you I have a 2011, decat link pipe, Akra stubby, KN air & oil. No PCV or ECU remap (yet)

The bike runs slightly lean low revs, slightly rich high revs, but neither is at a serious level (won't damage engine). I would recommend (like most on here) scrap the PCV and get ECU remap by hilltop

I can't help with the autotune question. But I can tell you I have a 2011, decat link pipe, Akra stubby, KN air & oil. No PCV or ECU remap (yet)

The bike runs slightly lean low revs, slightly rich high revs, but neither is at a serious level (won't damage engine). I would recommend (like most on here) scrap the PCV and get ECU remap by hilltop

cheers , I'll look at a remap later in the year I imagine there's some one on here that can help with that at a reasonable price, does remapping really help to unlock power/smoothness and throttle response on a BMW? Having owned numerous 14B R1's before its pretty common for them as they need it!

cheers
B

cheers , I'll look at a remap later in the year I imagine there's some one on here that can help with that at a reasonable price, does remapping really help to unlock power/smoothness and throttle response on a BMW? Having owned numerous 14B R1's before its pretty common for them as they need it!

cheers
B

I've not had mine remapped but think majority of folk have opted for hilltop remap, lot of people stating 200+bhp, they say it's a lot smoother and traction control is also tweaked

I spoke to a few people on auto tunes, they said ok if your in the middle of no where and cant get to a dyno or if you're doing a lot of riding at different altitudes as the air density changes significantly affecting the maps so if your only riding local just get it mapped.

I also spoke to Hilltop about his 200+ ecu remapping, i own a commercial vehicle workshop and i am very familiar with technical terminoligies and bullshit, i quizzed geoff as hard as i could about what he did and his answers did not inspire me with any confidence, i also know my bike on a less generous dyno was up to 201 whp just after we ported the head, ground the valve shims, put a thinner head gasket on and adjusted the cam timing, bear in mind a also have bst wheels so will gain a couple of bhp there too, i have just taken off my rapid bike module and gone for a rexxer tune with DWR, the bike was at 191 whp when it went in and is back up to 196, it was a while ago that we did the engine work so would expect to be a few bhp down, should hopefully pick it up this weekend and see what its like will post when i have ridden it.

Going back to hill top i have never seen anybody post back to back dyno sheets before and after a hilltop tune, i know people may see this as an unecessary expense but if someones claiming 200+ on a remap and stock engine they should be able to back it up.

Regarding the ecu flasher mentioned, i agree with Marcus. I took my bike to be flashed and my bullshit radar went through the roof. I am toying with the idea of getting an auto tuner to go with my custom map i had done a year back.

if you have a custom map the auto tune is pointless!! if unless as mentioned you riding in massively variying conditions!!

You cant sell a remap to another customer if you were getting rid of the bike.
PCV standard maps are proper shite though from my experience.
Would probably recommend the hill top remap if you're keeping the bike , but it isn't cheap by any means

Latest posts

Back