Paint Protection and Crash Bungs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennybush

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just planning what bits and pieces to get for the new beemer, and I'm thinking before start getting goodies like tail tidy, can and rad guards, I'll get some sensible grown up stuff first, ready to fit as soon as I get the bike next month.

i was thinking crash Bungs and a paint protection film kit.

has anybody on here got paint protection, or recommend a specific brand or where to buy from? I was thinking an xpel kit, but not managing to find anywhere to buy from.

Whats everybody's thoughts on a good brand of crash Bungs, I've only ever had R&G on previous bike, so erring towards them. The bike will be mainly a road bike, with possibly the odd track day in the future.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

I've got the full Xpel kit fitted to my bike...

http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthrea...15-S1000RR-Sport&p=58671&viewfull=1#post58671

You don't seem to be able to get it from Xpel UK so I had to buy it from an American company and have it shipped over. It's only ?110 for the full kit and you can have a go at fitting it yourself if you're feeling brave enough. Personally I got a professional Xpel installer to do mine.

Here's a link where you can buy the film...

http://thetankslapper.biz/s1000rr-total-protection-kit-2015-2016/

If you want the optional extra pieces you have to Email them before ordering and they'll adjust your order.

Got venture shield fitted at the dealers before I picked it up at a cost of ?200. I also bought R&G crash bungs and Evotech rad and oil cooler guard and got same dealer to fit at pdi so no extra cost.

Cool, thanks Certi. I think I'll go for that. Did it come with what's needed to fit it, or just the actual protection stickers?
how long did the delivery take from the states?

Just the film, if you click "Tools" on the website though you can buy the squeegees.

If memory serves me it was less than 2 weeks for delivery. I asked them to mark the value of the film below ?30 on the customs form so that it wouldn't get held up at customs and to stop me getting stung with import tax and handling fees.

Venture shield is very difficult to fit nicely imho
and you need a spotless bike first
Google revolutiondetailing ,first class job
nice lad

Venture shield is very difficult to fit nicely imho
and you need a spotless bike first
Google revolutiondetailing ,first class job
nice lad

Youre absolutely right , this is the second bike it's been fitted to and the fit is not the greatest and both times you can see specs of dirt underneath. I didn't know of an alternative at the time or I would have tried it.

I think that's down to the prep and fitting beavis. The ventureshield on my bike is almost invisible, can only tell by looking for the edges.

Kenny - the rad and oil cooler fins are very soft, I'd recommend putting guards on them as a priority.

I think that's down to the prep and fitting beavis. The ventureshield on my bike is almost invisible, can only tell by looking for the edges.

Kenny - the rad and oil cooler fins are very soft, I'd recommend putting guards on them as a priority.

Agree with that Soof , I've been unlucky twice !

Rad and cooler covers added to the must have list as well.

So before the bike is delivered thats rad covers, crash bungs and paint protection to get sorted. Going to be an expensive few weeks i think. Cant see it being long before an akra and tail tidy are at the top of the priority list either!

For the rad and oil cooler guards I'd go with Evotech over R&G, the Evotech ones use the OEM mounting points, whereas I think the R&G ones are held on with zip ties. If you do end up going for Evotech you might as well get their tail tidy at the same time and use the code "Facebook2016" on their website for 10% off. Alternatively, you could ask Conquest Carbon on here for their best price as they are now vendors on the site.

I use the R&G rad and oil cooler guards, yes they are secured with zip ties. Took them off a couple of weeks back to give the rad a good clean and everything was in excellent condition. Evotech stuff is nice, I'd probably go that route next time round, purely aesthetics.

Certis right - try conquest carbon for evotech pricing, he's promised me he will look after you guys on pricing (the forum gets nothing from any of the transactions from any of the vendors on the site other than the satisfaction of helping you out with good deals). :)

Guys are there any issues fitting rad and cooler guards? I was going to do it and my dealer advised not too as they said heat won't escape properly from the bike and the guards will affect warranty? Has anyone else been told this?

Some people have been told this but I've had my Evotech guards fitted for a year with no issues at all, my dealer hasn't said anything about warranty issues when its been in for a service, get them put on.

Last edited:
Guys are there any issues fitting rad and cooler guards? I was going to do it and my dealer advised not too as they said heat won't escape properly from the bike and the guards will affect warranty? Has anyone else been told this?

Yep , my dealer also told me this. They fitted them at PDI and said if they bike had to come back with an issue coming from fitting them they would have to see the bike without them . Fair enough, just over 2000 miles in and I'd say yes it does seem to get up in temp quicker than my blades did but it's certainly never been close to overheating.

My dealer said BMW advise against them because it can cause overheating, but that this was a universal warning and only really applied to countries where you're going to be riding in extremely hot countries...so living in Scotland I'm not too worried lol.

Noticed these 'strikes' on my oil guard after washing the bike today.

Worth having the protection imo.

Attachments

• image-4255519913.jpg
    image-4255519913.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 47
Back