Paddock Stands - Opinions and Advice request!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Hi all,

For my previous Daytonas I used to use a Warrior Stand (about ?130 with adapter from Demon Tweeks) which lifted both wheels up via a hydraulic arm attached through an engine bolt adapter. This has now gone as Im selling the bike in Spring. Photo of bike on stand below:

IMG_6071.jpg

For the s1k I would appreciate advice on which paddock stands to go for. Open to opinion of what people have used and pictures would be appreciated.I was looking at rear paddock stand with the bobbins I have on the swingarm and a front stand.

This would be a set made by GeeTech.
Rear stand photos:

15541918_376138272737589_7672469016450420451_n.jpg
15241756_367509900267093_1630507205391531938_n.jpg

Front Under Yoke Stand:

15541427_378365672514849_6292982056100416473_n.jpg
15541964_378365605848189_5837271511625922729_n.jpg

• What is the major benefit of using a under yoke stand vs front fork stand?
  • Is the under yoke stand easy to locate & insert the pin?
  • What is the pin size required for an s1krr 16 (imagine the same as 10 - onwards)
  • Any stand alternatives to the above as GeeTech might look like a work of art but you're also paying for that.
  • What other options / stands / brands are people using for both garage maintenance of the bike and for track day tyre warmer use?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Under yoke, I believe, won't fit as the ABS lines get in the way.
The Warrior Spider would have fitted with adaption kit A ordered.

I use the Constands front which has prongs which go into the holes under the forks. It's not a perfect fit but seems relatively stable.
Rear I use a Harris, and would happily buy again

The GeeTech look nice - good to support a UK start-up. I would just make sure the rear lift height is enough. Iain on here found he got a stand which couldn't lift the backend up high enough.

I had a traditional paddock stand for my old bike - worked well but it was unforgiving in that I managed to scratch my swingarm when I was getting the bike up. I got better with practice but I was never 100% confident.
I've since got an Abba stand which I'm much more comfortable with but I assume you're specific about a paddock stand for a reason.

i all ways go for harris stands as they just work. i do also have an abba but its just fiddly so very rarely use it. i do like the look of the geetech stuff but imo the rear should have a longer handle for one person use-age.

I use cheapo warrior stands. Last year I got an abba stand which works well for getting the front forks unloaded, but as r25sti says, it's a bit fiddly, so I only use when I have big jobs to do on the bike. Can't fault either, but for paddock stands the Harris ones seem the best quality.

Under yoke will take the load off the front forks, whereas a front paddock stand will not. So really of benefit if you are doing anything with the forks themselves.

Yup as Alex said the problem with under yolk stands is the brake line T piece is blocking it so you can't use them unless you remove the ABS or mod it somehow. I just bought a gee tech front stand they are a nice bit of kit and better than the Harris ones in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back