Oulton 9th June

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree. And agree with above, it does look more like road racing position.

In my opinion, if you buy modern bikes, you should buy modern riding style too. Tech and progress is moving forward.

I wish I looked better on a bike - and I have tried - but lap times are the main thing. If I was at the back of novice then obviously it doesn't work but I'm mid pack fast on my road bike so maybe at track day level, text book body position doesn't mean that much? within reason of course.............

I wish I looked better on a bike - and I have tried - but lap times are the main thing. If I was at the back of novice then obviously it doesn't work but I'm mid pack fast on my road bike so maybe at track day level, text book body position doesn't mean that much? within reason of course.............
It's complicated, and your group level in the UK has nothing to do with it. For starters, UK trackdays are slow.

The way I think about it, it's safety first and then laptimes. I wouldn't want to lowside at 60 degree lean angle just because I sat wrong on the bike.

Naska explains it very well in his video.

It's complicated, and your group level in the UK has nothing to do with it. For starters, UK trackdays are slow.

The way I think about it, it's safety first and then laptimes. I wouldn't want to lowside at 60 degree lean angle just because I sat wrong on the bike.

Naska explains it very well in his video.

I found that out the first time I went to Jerez.............

I'm not trying to argue for one second that it's right but if I haven't lowsided in 200+ days then it can't be that wrong even if it looks like it is. I've seen a hell of a lot of people who have better body position - and who are going slower - fall off in that time.

You just know I'm going to end up on my arse on the first day I do this year after saying that...........:nevreness:

If it works for you it works. Way too hard to do different. I read and watch, but make the same shapes regardless.

- Alex

Just to add my two pence...I've only ever done a Ron Haslem race school. First time ridden since my accident. Form is form. Some get it right. Some dont but what ever works for you. Did I look like Rossi? most def not. Did I have a fu** off grin in my helmet and feel like Rossi...damn right I did. Sometimes its too late to change a habit that you have done for a lifetime. Just have fun....go fast...ride safe and within your means.

To be fair my body position isn?t always that bad but it is something that I have to concentrate on and doesn?t come naturally to me.

b0f71b09a0cedc92e437b7f42d70a4a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back