Oulton 9th June

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I damaged my hip at Cartagena a few years back when I came off at turn 1 (first of a few too many crashes on that corner) and I?ve always struggled to grip the tank with my right leg as well as I do with my left since it. Don?t know if that plays a part as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you'll find 90% of riders "twist",arse out but head relatively straight.there are benefits in hanging it all off,but being comfortable on the bike,regardless of style is a far bigger benefit.

I HATE right handers.... Need a track day on a more Right handed track and get some 1-2-1 tuition in.

I think I would be great at Speedway racing, until I got dizzy or had to race on track that went in the opposite way .....:excitement:

or go to Valencia, its left handers mostly

They are not really comparable, one is a GP track, second one is not

As I said, depending what you like. Just because it?s a GP track doesn?t mean to say it?s a better track.

Portimao isn?t a GP track and is 100 times better than Valencia (in my opinion).

Alcarr?s for me is a better track than Valencia in my eyes as well.

I?m not a fan of flat tracks like Valencia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've ridden valencia a few times,for me it's a great track to ride (albeit had a painful off last time there),but a little featureless+flat.last turn is 1 of the hardest to commit properly,off camber,on your side,hard braking,and turn 2 is a highside favourite.

i've ridden valencia a few times,for me it's a great track to ride (albeit had a painful off last time there),but a little featureless+flat.last turn is 1 of the hardest to commit properly,off camber,on your side,hard braking,and turn 2 is a highside favourite.

That's exactly how I felt after riding Valencia, albeit I only had one day there

I think it's universally hated by MotoGP riders as it's too hard to pass on, and really doesn't use the strengths of the GP bikes.
Not been, no idea.

you'll find 90% of riders "twist",arse out but head relatively straight.there are benefits in hanging it all off,but being comfortable on the bike,regardless of style is a far bigger benefit.

I'm a lot worse.................Jenko is always taking the piss on the JW days.............

1ab by Andy Yates, on Flickr

I'm a lot worse.................Jenko is always taking the piss on the JW days.............

1ab by Andy Yates, on Flickr

Blimey thats the worst I've ever seem. You could argue your arse is off too much as well. And head looks completely over the other side of the bike. But if you're comfortable then that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Blimey thats the worst I've ever seem. You could argue your arse is off too much as well. And head looks completely over the other side of the bike. But if you're comfortable then that's all that matters.

The first time I went out with Taylor Mac he said that I wouldn't last more than a couple of days before I low sided as he thought I'd only just started track riding...........when I told him I done about 170 days in the fast group without a single lowside / highside , he said while he'd have to accept that it works to a fashion but there was nothing he could do to help me.:nevreness:

look at some of wayne rainy's pictures. his head was all ways middle of bike. i do it too but think its from road riding and wanting to see around the corners. :)

Obviously there is no denying his ability or speed but his riding position looks so awkward compared to his peers...?.
Agree. And agree with above, it does look more like road racing position.

In my opinion, if you buy modern bikes, you should buy modern riding style too. Tech and progress is moving forward.

Latest posts

Back