Oulton 13-14 Aug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might book myself on then,i'm there on teh double header in july also

After the three days disaster wet race weekend I really want to get back there for some unfinished business!

Haha I deffo need them! I can't book now but If I can sort the time off closer to the date I'll try to do it.

Rained Day 1 morning. Skipped session 1, session 2 still wet so bought wets, fitted them to the only wheels I had with me.

Session 3 get out, almost destroyed the rear in a session cause it dried...

Session 4 couldn't get slicks back on fast enough...and my front Diamond warmer went pop.

Lunch. Kindly loaned spare front warmer.

Afternoon. Ace.
Started with a 2:02 in session 5
Did 4x 2:01's within a tenth in a great clear run in session 6
Got to a 2:00.40 according to the bike in session 7.

Day 2.
Rained biblically.
Came home

- Alex

Oh my!

What happened to the diamond? They are pretty good so far on my tires, haven't had any issues yet. Can you exchange it on warranty?

Oh my!

What happened to the diamond? They are pretty good so far on my tires, haven't had any issues yet. Can you exchange it on warranty?
Mine were over 12m old. Single year warranty.

I have bought a replacement which arrived next day.

I believe the thermistor blew. On the control unit it read LLL and flashed repeatedly, like it was unplugged. Tested it on another controller, same result. Rear worked fine.

I will look into doing a repair.

I love the Diamond warmers otherwise, wouldn't change because of this.

- Alex

bugger,can be tricky in the wet,but still good fun,just a ballache when you only have 1 set of wheels.

I liked watching that, well worth the effort so thanks Alex.

Were you in inters?
Did you find it hard to get a rhythm going?

Yes inters as I'd never been there before. And it was a good place for me. The quick boys were 10seconds up the road from me.
Keith was letting me keep up for this run, I really need to get more forthright on my overtakes though - far too polite :p

The 59's were so very close but I think it was good for a first visit and ultimately we only did 3 dry sessions...4 in total in 2 days. So I'm still finding the right lines.

The camera flattens, slows and smooths everything. But it's a fun circuit and definitely a brave one.

But it's a fun circuit and definitely a brave one.

this is my bravest session to date there,still grip even when it's pissing down.(i'm the 1 in front being filmed)

Spike, as in Edwards?

Good to watch the lines. Weather is biblical after a while. Or it just seems that cause of the screen/camera.

Last edited:
Back