One year Service

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsween

Reaction score
Hello my fellows... bike is coming up for its first year service.... it?s done around 2500 miles... question is what is included? If it is oil and filters I?m thinking of doing it myself...

Cheers

Basically oil, filter, stamp in the book.

I'm heading to Lind Norwich for mine this weekend to see Tim @ Lind and the rest of their crew...might get them to whack some more bling on whilst I'm there...(never enough) :D

Hello my fellows... bike is coming up for its first year service.... it’s done around 2500 miles... question is what is included? If it is oil and filters I’m thinking of doing it myself...

Cheers

Oil, oil filter and brake fluid change. The air filter is done at 6K, which looks like next year for you. Use OEM parts and a suitable oil (I'm using Silkolene Pro 4 5w40XP) and keep your receipts.

If you buy your parts from a BMW dealer, ask them to record your VRN or chassis number against the sale. It's additional evidence of the work being done. My local BMW dealership charges ?45 for a diagnostic check and service reminder reset. I paid ?20 to a local independent yesterday to get this done.

Cheers....I got a deal to get a free service for the first three years.....was just looking to see if it was worth taken it in and having to wait around..... I am aware it would have the service stamp ...... I?ve already done air filter when I put the Rapid bike on.....M

Ps.....anyone know what oil they use at BMW? Was thinking of the dragons blood as people say it?s the best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BMW use their own brand oils now, Advantec. Before that it was Castrol Power 1...and tbh if Advantec is just a licensing deal then it could be that it's made by Castrol anyway.

Motul 300V is Ester based so that's my go to, however, tbh, as long as it meets or exceeds the standards required in the owners manual then it doesn't really matter, especially if you're not on track with it.

I got a loaner whilst they're fixing my ignition problem.
F 800 GS.
Yawn.
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Hahahahaha, had one from Dalkeith BMW once and thought I would have some fun on it but it was so boring I went straight home and parked it up and I'm a GS fan...............

I feel your pain, lol.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back