Oh the pure adrenaline fuelled fun! I'm too old now?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianbullsey

Reaction score
Hi, I'm old now, nearly 56 I probably shouldn't be riding bikes, haha. The trouble is I'm having more fun now than ever and a lot more than I thought possible at my age. My S1Thou allows me to ride between beyond limits and within them? I own a fully specified 2015 model, any tips or advice would be appreciated. My previous life was spent either on dirt or on my K5 GSXR1000, I haven't ridden in over 6 years.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Welcome back to biking Ian... I at this point can't see my self without a bike in my life and I'm 54, so carry on enjoying yourself for as long as your health and luck allows mate.

Enjoy the forum

Stuart

Last edited:
You have both got plenty of years biking ahead of you subject to health/skill and other road users. I can only look back at my mid fifties but still have my S1000rr along with a KTM 990Superduke and KTM exc300 (for green lane rides) . Still do odd track day and when all other crap in the world gets you down there is no better solution than finding favourite B roads (more bends the better) :cool-new:

Current Bike HP4 Carbon... I've had all sorts tho over the years mainly ltr sports bikes since 1988. Once on a litre machine it's difficult to move down a peg or two... 600s and 750s too busy on the gearboxes to keep the engines buzzing..so litre it is.

Awww cheers Parley, and I forgot that most important part OTHER road users..well said that man, well said.

I bought my first litre sports bike in '91 the infamous GSXR1100L, complete monster, I'd previously owned dirt bikes and before that a GS1000 a true classic then a couple of Suzy 750's including the last air cooled GDXR750

I bought my first litre sports bike in '91 the infamous GSXR1100L, complete monster, I'd previously owned dirt bikes and before that a GS1000 a true classic then a couple of Suzy 750's including the last air cooled GDXR750

Welcome Ian, my age (just!) still starts with a 4, but Im old enough to have owned a new GSXR1100M, fast as hell, think I saw 175mph on it but it also used to weave like hell too and didn't like corners whatsoever - a proper mans bike!

Last edited:
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum. :)

If you're agile enough to get a leg over the beast and twist the throttle you're never too old! Same applies to women lol.

You're never too old - I hope! I'm heading towards my 50's and honestly cant see a future without something hot and powerful, capable of leaving streaks and making me gurn, strapped between my legs...

I've just been over to Spa in Belgium in the van towing a race car - my god, the tedium.

Welcome Ian, my age (just!) still starts with a 4, but Im old enough to have owned a new GSXR1100M, fast as hell, think I saw 175mph on it but it also used to weave like hell too and didn't like corners whatsoever - a proper mans bike!
I distinctly remember my L1100 trying to bury me in on coming traffic, I found out years later it wasn't me it was the damn bike, they were notorious for it! Never got mine past 160!

Appears from this thread that the s1000rr is for OAPs lol

Not everybody, I'm only 38................ around the waist! (That was before Stuart chipped in).

Welcome Ian, glad you are enjoying your bike and may you have many more fun times.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Ian!

I agree with all of the above, it does seem the SThou is now a geriatric's bike lol! It's pretty much a 200 hp mobility scooter!

That being said, I whole heartedly agree that so long as one's mind is still firing on all cylinders, and one is physically able to operate a bike, then they have many miles ahead of them to enjoy [emoji4]

Hopefully my age will drag this average down a bit lol!

Enjoy the forum and your new steed Ian :)

Oli

Back