Official BMW Akrapovic HP system.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trumpetman21

Reaction score
I'm interested in having a full system fitted to the S1000RR this Spring.

Been looking at the usual suspects - Akrapovic/Arrow/Leo Vince. The can itself needs to be E-marked for insurance purposes so Austin Racing/Exan & the like are a no-go.

Anyone have any useful advice/opinion/experience to offer?

Local BMW dealer has suggested the Official BMW HP Akra system (retains the exhaust valve & has a cat) but it's a rather salty £2313. Full titanium system mind....

I know that strictly speaking the cat isn't required to be road-legal and that the bike will produce more power without the cat. But what happens with the value if you plump for a system where it's deleted?

Don't want to have to go down the PC/Bazzazz/ECU reflash route just yet either.

Cheers.

Mine came with the full Akra system with no cat or exhaust valves and runs great but sry cant help with ECU reflash questions. It passed the MOT and the paperwork says its street legal but it is mega loud which I like because the cars can hear you before they knock you off the road (well that's the theory any way:beguiled:) I did look for a decibel killer to fit the short stubby akra silencer but could't find one that didn't involve drilling the protruding tail pipe piece which it doesn't have. but like I said it is LOUD

I've had no probs insuring my bike with my AR exhaust system ??? Mine ran fine with out a PVC fitted either but runs better now I have had one fitted and tuned ;) I'm selling my exhaust and PVC and race filter as bike is going up for sale :(

Last edited:
The valve at the headers is designed to balance out the pressure through the exhaust, the valve that is located behind the righthand foot rest is to keep noise down at lower revs EU getting involved and i think us market.

If you fit a full System changes are that the headers will have a link pipe between cylinders 2 and 3, the rear valve will not effect the running of the bike.
Most full systems will retain the lambda sensors to allow the bike to adjust the fuelling, chances are the standard ecu settings won't cover the full system so will need a reflash or a PCV/BAZZAZ

I had a s1000 full akropovic with the long can no valve, can came E marked and with a baffle, i had a PCV mapped to the can, not that impressed with the tuning. Had the ecu reflashed at Hilltop and the bike was amazing very smooth throttle response and 205hp at the wheel.
You will find the insurance don't mind the exhaust but have a dislike for the PCV as they think it makes the bike into a racer??

As the ECU flash is not an add on or picked up when plugged into the BMW computer the insurance would never know!!

Hi everyone, i'm new at the board.

I'm having the BMW HP titanium system fitted to my bike, it comes with an upgrade to the ECU that turns it in to a race ECU (almost) :).

Got a PDF with dealer info that states the difference between the HP Race Power kit and HP Titanium exhaust, and it's mainly TC and ABS differences. Power kit is "fastest possible laptimes" and HP Titanium is "saftey first".
The Power delivery is barely notisable, dynografs in the PDF. Full Power and trottle respons in all modes.

Happy to post the PDF, if anyone interested.

PS. sorry for my poor English :)

Oops! i see i'm not allowed to post attachments, are there any oter way to share this info?

Copy paste? Is that ok? Would be very big because it's several pages.

Hi guys just a question on exhausts, I have the HP4 if I take the baffle out of the rear acro can will this affect any fuelling or will it run the same but a bit louder. Thanks

Hi guys just a question on exhausts, I have the HP4 if I take the baffle out of the rear acro can will this affect any fuelling or will it run the same but a bit louder. Thanks

removed mine and would seem to run the same just louder like you said....may pop a tad on the overrun but all adds to the lush sound

Back