Newbie to forum and BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylezx7r

Reaction score
just joined up and wanted to say hello
I come from a Yamaha background having owned every model ever produced (accept the 15 model) and I've raced R1's for the last 2 year and know yams inside out

im looking to change the R1 race bike for a BMW S1000rr race bike sometime so I will be looking for a advice on bits and pieces for the beamers.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Are you planning on buying new and converting or buying an existing bike?

Hi Kyle, welcome to the site. Great choice in switching to the S1000rr, but I am bias as hell.

loads of expertise on here.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome guys, in my first post I meant to say I've owned every model of R1 not every model of Yamaha (that would have made me a busy boy eh)

Im open minded as to whether I convert a road bike Sthou or buy a race bike but I think I'd rather buy a well spec' race bike to be honest. Or if I can get a crash damaged road bike at the right money then I'd be tempted to go that way.
i own a company in the north east and we deal in ohlins ktech and maxton suspension (I won't say name incase I'm not allowed) so getting hold of the right bits wouldn't be a problem if I pick a road bike up

thanks again a in for the welcome I'll have plenty questions no doubt

welcome mate , my first ever go on a bike was on the back of my dad's mates 1998 R1 (red/white) when I was 15 he scared the shite out of me! lol , always remember the look on my dad's face when his mate told him he only took it up to 125mph lol he was raging.... it was only supposed to be round the block and i was wearing trainer's a fleece and a helmet that didn't fit! , i was hooked on getting a bike after that!, that's defo the R1 I would buy if I could. enjoy the forum

Last edited:
They are excellent mate they really are but I have an ex Dutch superbike 2009 Big Bang R1 with superbike spec engine and chassis and I always struggle on track with the S1000rr which is why I'm heading in the Beamer direction.
Fancy a change anyway, after 11 years on yams I need to look at something else the zx10s are also brilliant but everyone's got one so the BMW is the natural choice to me. I would love and HP4 but abit out of my price range I think. I need to look into this slick mode key and a few other things with the Sthou so I'll be using this place to get better educated :)

Hello mate and welcome...there's a few guys on here that will keep you right with the racing side but probably Ryan more so.

Cheers

Stuart

Back