Newbie from Salisbury

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_512

Reaction score
Hi,

Long story short.... The wife wanted a baby.... I wanted a new bike... she's 6 months pregnant and I am 6 weeks into owning an RR :wink-new:. Compromising done well if you ask me. I upgraded from an 09 R6, I thought I loved that bike until I got my 2011 RR from Dick Lovett in Bristol.
I look back at that R6 like I look back at the first time I had sex... I thought it was the bollocks at the time..... but now I have discovered that dirty girl that can do everything and more, needless to say I am over the R6.

I am looking forward to taking on as much advice as possible from everyone on here. Unfortunately the bike has been back to BMW twice in the 6 weeks I have owned it. Death of the kill switch and a clutch cable. Thankfully all covered by BMW warranty.

Thanks for the add.

Jay

Welcome J,

I wonder what you're gonna do if you end up having twins... ah, thats easy - another bike.. I can see you fathering many more children if the exchange rate stays the same :)

Haha she's already talking about having another one.... that's my ticket to a Gen 3 ��

Hi j, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike and the news of your firstborn on its way.

I got my first bike when my youngest was turning 1, the fastest way to avoid nappy changes lol.

Hi Jay, sounds like you've got it sorted down there.

Congrats on being a new dad and enjoy your new bike.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Jay and congratulations on fatherhood!

I'm sorry to hear you've had a couple warranty claims to date, I can certainly say that the BMW warranty is rock solid so you should have no concerns.

I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you, and that you and your family have a happy, heathy and prosperous future! :)

Oli

P.S. +1 on what Stuart said, funny intro!

Welcome along and good intro! I hope you find the time to ride your bike when the baby is born as they certainly take a fair bit of your time up :eagerness:

Welcome along and good intro! I hope you find the time to ride your bike when the baby is born as they certainly take a fair bit of your time up :eagerness:

+1 on that! Welcome along Jay

Hello Jay

Welcome to the forum! Im in fordingbridge so just down the road from you. I also had an r6-great little bike but obviously no comparison. Enjoy the rr and the wealth of knowledge on the forum.

Bell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back