New to this forum

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LukeS1000RR17

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just picked up my new toy. 2017 RR Sport in red and white. LOVE IT! I have only been riding a couple of years but I have "the bug". Last year I traded up from a 2015 Street Triple to an S1000R.. I thought nakeds were the way forward?! A few months ago I got the chance to ride the RR and realised what I had been missing!

Already put 500 miles on her, plan to do another 100 tomorrow and first service booked in for Wednesday morning. Sooo excited!

Thanks everybody and I look forward to sharing experiences with you.

Luke

Hi Luke. Welcome to the forum. Great choice with the bike.

I was similar to you. Upgrade to a thousand from the Steet Triple.

Safe riding mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Luke. Welcome to the forum. Great choice with the bike.

I was similar to you. Upgrade to a thousand from the Steet Triple.

Safe riding mate.

The Triple was great but this is in another league. Can't wait to plug that dongle in[emoji6] Thanks

Welcome Luke! Enjoy the bike. Any mods planned?

Hello Ben. I transferred my evotech tail tidy and HP levers from my S1000R so far. Got some clear stomp grips on order from eBay. Looking for bar end weights next to dampen the vibes. Any suggestions?

Hello Ben. I transferred my evotech tail tidy and HP levers from my S1000R so far. Got some clear stomp grips on order from eBay. Looking for bar end weights next to dampen the vibes. Any suggestions?

You not looking for an exhaust? I've recently ordered HP Rearsets too lots of people review them really highly.

You not looking for an exhaust? I've recently ordered HP Rearsets too lots of people review them really highly.

I had a full Akropavic system with shorty can on the single R and although it sounded insane it was too much some times. I will look for an exhaust system when finances permit but not in a massive rush. I also had the HP rear sets too and loved them. Such a shame that I couldn't transfer them onto this bike. I'll keep a look out for some!

Do you have any advice on bar ends?

I had a full Akropavic system with shorty can on the single R and although it sounded insane it was too much some times. I will look for an exhaust system when finances permit but not in a massive rush. I also had the HP rear sets too and loved them. Such a shame that I couldn't transfer them onto this bike. I'll keep a look out for some!

Do you have any advice on bar ends?

Ahh the louder the better for me ;)
I have no idea about bar ends sorry!

Hi Luke, welcome to the site. Unlimited power means unlimited fun, take a while to get used to it.

Enjoy.

JimmyMac

Hi Luke .. I am *not* your father (just so we're on the same page :))

Welcome to the forum - loads of enthusiastic people on here that will exchange banter and offer excellent advice.

Welcome to the forum Luke, congratulations on your RR, I hope you continue to enjoy it immensely!

Latest posts

Back