New rubber

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichC

Reaction score
Been well cuffed with the Racetec K3's I have been pretty loyal too but have opted for a change getting Dunlop D212 GP Pro fitted next week. Anyone have any experience? I use the bike mainly fast road and odd trackdays.

Excellent tyre, but 90% track 10% road, Dunlop recommends tyre warmers before use,

I thought about using these suppose to be great on track when up to temps, I've got a set of scrubs in garage but was advised not best choice for road use,they also run at much lower pressure and do squirm about a bit at lower temps, but let me know how you get on with them for road use, if you buy them the ones to go for are the ntec compound manufactured in uk.

I use them on my track bike, used them on the road once, they were ok without warmers but took a while to warm up and difficult to keep warm on the roads. I gave up on using them on the road as we went through a shower and the roads were very wet and they just turned into hard plastic ( like the tyres on kids cheap electric cars!) they were deadly!!
on track I use the endurance compound on the rear and soft on the front, even on track the soft front lasts for ever! They are a strange tyre to get used to 17-19 PSI cold in rear! 24 PSI cold in front.

Last edited:
I will be running my PR3's at Silverstone in a few weeks, any suggestions for psi !

Back