New owner in Manchester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithd32

Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick hello from a new HP4 carbon owner, I should get it in March.
1st BMW, I come from a long history of Kawasaki and needed a change.

Looking towards riding and a few tasteful upgrades.
Grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Keith. Not much needed to add to the bike tbh. I got some r&g crash protectors, you'll need radiator and oil guards, and possibly a cf rear hugger and chain guard to replace the awful plastic bmw oems. Can't think of anything else, it comes with everything. Oh, and I got the 3m venture shield applied by the dealer too. Enjoy!

and nearly forgot the d3 tail tidy in hp4 blue.

Got the D3 extreme in HP blue ordered earlier today from Darren.

The OEM plastic hugger and chain guard do look fairly awful so they will have to go eventually.

Just can't decide whether ilmberg, carbonweb, zero limits or the multitude of eBay options.
I can't justify £500+ for the genuine HP parts but I don't want to be cheap and have it look crap either.

I had a colour matched hugger from Carbon web where you can still see the weave.
The quality was superb , and I mean superb !!
Was a bit longer tool without the crazy hole so it also actually stopped the shit

Welcome Keith, I too am awaiting delivery of HP4 carbon, due end of March, dealer is putting a tail tidy on, but will probably change for a D3 one, rad and oil guards are my first bits to get and venture shield done at dealers.

As bob said, get the non ABS rear hugger without the hole in it, it works just fine. I went for ilmberger CF, took the view that the bike was £20k with quality stuff on it, wanted to keep it all quality.

N30 posted about the ebay company that sells the ilmberger stuff from Germany less pricy than sandbar, worth searching the forum, I bought mine from sandbar so paid over the odds for the same thing I could have bought for less.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get the non-abs version for sure.

I'll have a look for the ilmberger, probably go with that or the carbon web as they both look great.
just waiting of a reply from carbon web on availability.

Bike was shipped with heated grips and alarm so I decided to keep those, pop goes another £435
Need to stop spending.....apparently ;)

Does anybody know if the blue coloured cox rad and oil guards match the HP4 blue ?

Id be surprised if they do match but I don't know tbh. Daz @d3 knows the specific colour blue for the hp4 for the tail tidies, think he mentioned it on a thread here before. Interested to know how you get on with finding a match.

Id be surprised if they do match but I don't know tbh. Daz @d3 knows the specific colour blue for the hp4 for the tail tidies, think he mentioned it on a thread here before. Interested to know how you get on with finding a match.

I wonder if daz would spray them HP4 blue ?

I think Daz has the tail tidies powder coated rather than paint them.

i decided to go for the carbonweb hugger but I've tried emailing an PM'ing them without reply.
Has anyone else had a problem getting in touch with them?

May have to go ilmberger and take a slug in the wallet if I draw a blank.

Latest posts

Back