S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrm2076

Reaction score
I?ve been away from sport bikes for a wee while and thinking of buying a S1000RR. Since my last full Sportsbike GSXR 1000, bikes have been KTM Superduke R, BMWS1000R and Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak - not exactly sluggish!

Hows it going jrm...tell us a bit more about yourself...where you from, what about your previous bikes and riding experiences

Welcome aboard

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

I think a new RR is a very sound idea [emoji6]

What were your favourite experiences onboard the S1000R and Multistrada?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum!

I think a new RR is a very sound idea [emoji6]

What were your favourite experiences onboard the S1000R and Multistrada?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

S1000R was a good, enjoyable and easy bike to live with, but its limiting factor was the seat - it was awful! The worst I had encountered in 40 years of riding. Had a look at the latest one in blue, at the NEC last November, fitted with the gillies accessories and that looked very nice.
As for the Multi PP outstanding bike. This time last year I was on a three week trip around Spain and Portugal (if only now in these trying times!). In September trip to Germany with my wife in addition to some short trips including The Orkneys and Yorkshire Dales. I'd like to say faultless however, I experienced a starter solenoid decided to burn itself out, conveniently the day after I returned from the Spain/Portugal trip (transpired it was a common problem - poor by Ducati as I paid for the repair!). Would it put me off, definitely not.

Not that far from you - Central Scotland, Dollar area. I've been riding bikes for a long time, mostly sport bikes GSXR 1000/Fireblades (wish I still had my original 1992 Fireblade) and laterly naked sport bikes as well as a Multi Pikes Peak. Sold both my bikes in mid February, KTM Superduke R and the Multi Pikes Peak, with the intention of getting a new bike. Was erring towards a GS/GSA but just can't bring myself to do it. And with the world coming to a halt I have lots of time to consider my next choice -RR?

Latest posts

Back