New look

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrucieB

Reaction score
Rebuilt the bike following my crash at Snetterton a few weeks back. Carbon Ice Valley fairings 2014 Scheme

f2215c9e23add23be999644c9ea3b19e.jpg
7705d8424320427d55f28e78cf522df5.jpg
49843cab8f43af15e19ea4399e5f4dfb.jpg
bcf8df166be4c80848a793c48c6e723a.jpg

Nice one, certainly stands out!
Is that a TT tank cover like mine?

- Sent from Mobile

Nice one, certainly stands out!
Is that a TT tank cover like mine?

- Sent from Mobile
I think it is TT fairings with a gen 1 tail unit. Yeah the tank cover is a lot higher than normal at the seat end. I could've bought the tank to match but didn't have the extra pennies :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like the feel of that cover. Shame I let mine damage the tank, won't happen again.

- Sent from Mobile

I like the feel of that cover. Shame I let mine damage the tank, won't happen again.

- Sent from Mobile
Yeah loads of silicon on the inside of tank cover apparently solves that. I had already knackered the paint on my tank by having it upside down with a bit of fuel left in it while testing pump, so will need re-sprayed at some point
4739a7c6c0f2e11e27714ace501da971.jpg

Silicone is a new one, I was going to go with a non slip matting and plenty of duck tape.

- Sent from Mobile

Anyone got pictures to teach me what to do?
Need to refit mine next week.

- Sent from Mobile

hey brucie what do you make of the Bitubo suspension?
So far so good
I'm still struggling to get 100% comfortable on the bm this year but love the mental side of the bike. Once I fitted Harris bars then I did feel a lot better but crashed the next session, probably feeling too comfortable and pushed too much, fuked up n lost the front.
That's just a general overview compared to my old k5 1000, the only downside to the Bitubo is that as I use it on the road also and it is race suspension even though wound back a bit for road as per HM Racing suggestions it's still well hard for the road. My ribs are in pain now as realised they've not fully healed lol

Latest posts

Back