New lid.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
While I was arranging for my new RR to be delivered, I had a look at the Motorrad helmets. My carbon Bell had a few scratches and the lining was knackered, so it was time for a new one. £200 off swung the deal, for a Xomo. Which looks very much like a rebranded Shark carbon. The lining is much better than the Bell had from new though. It has an internal tinted visor too, but I'd prefer something a bit darker, so looked online for a dark visor..£67 ffs. The lid came with a Pinlock 120 and it seems they're usually £30. When did this stuff get so expensive?

Dark visor for my Bell M5X was around £35, and that was pretty thick. Wasn't recessed to accommodate a Pinlock though.

I've never used a Pinlock before, but BMW included one in the box. And the shark visor is recessed so that it fits very well. I've usually packed up riding for the year when the temps get this low. But I'm running the bike in, and the pinlock does seem to stop the visor misting up.

Latest posts

Back