New HP4 Carbon owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxime06

Reaction score
Good morning all!

Just registered on this great site after buying my HP4 Carbon last week.
The bike was a salvage auction, i now need to repair it, hopefully it will be easy with your help

Looking forward to getting involved!

Hi, Nice project bike to resurrect! :)

Out of interest is that a CAT C or D in that scenario?
Whats the damage?
Photo's need to be linked to from a place like photobucket if you'd care to share!

I do have photobucket so i cant share for now
The project will be
New swingarm
New rearset
New Shiftrod
New lights
New subframe
New rear fairing

So a lot of things, but nothing major i hope, i will get the frame checked as well to make sure it hasnt moved

It is a CAT C with 35 miles has to be a new record....

Highside on new tyres? Sounds like... 35miles is ridiculous, I'm surprised it wasn't repaired originally.

Highside on new tyres? Sounds like... 35miles is ridiculous, I'm surprised it wasn't repaired originally.

Looks more like it was hit from the side by a car
there is no scratch or damage from a slide but more like an impact
What is yoke?

The plate was HP04 BAD

Why not repaired might not be worth it for the insurrance: new one 20k?
if you have to change every single part by brand new ones it would cost quite a lot:
Rearset: 360?
Swingarm: 1300?
Shifter: 300?
Fairing and carbon bits: a few thousands
Light set: ?1000 i guess
and other bibs and bobs, they might be better off selling it at auction and paying for a new one.

In any case it just makes it cheaper for me unless i get an unexpected surprise (bent frame for example)

that plate seems familiar, was it at Snetterton last year for the BMW club day ..?

the 4 digit number on the yoke / fork bridge?

I have no idea, i litteraly just bought it, so i have very little information on it, i'll have a look at the yoke next time i go to the garage.
I have now ordered
New swingarm
New shifter
New suspension (just in case)
New left mirror

I still need HP rearset (anyone here selling them)
Left side switches
Some fairing bits

Hopefully bike will be ready for a track day end of September, otherwise i'll use another toy in my list
The wife wasnt too happy about the new addition and is pressuring me into selling another one
At the moment i have
Bikes: KTM SDK 990R, KTM RC8, Benelli TreK, BMW HP4 Carbon
Car: Ariel Atom 3 and a Bimmer for the family

And i dont want to sell any of them ;-)

Maxine, I have a couple of brand new shockers for this bike I could save you a fortune compared to dealer price, if you are interested? I have repaired a carbon last year and I bought all 4 buildbase bike spares last year when they got 4 delivered over from Germany, hence the shockers, also cats etc.

good luck with the project, I love the HP4

jimmyMac

Last edited:
With that story, it can't have been on 35miles?! Hope they've not lied to the new owner.

Ok, so it would seem they lied about the mileage.
I am now trying to find the real mileage and see if I cancel the sale issue is I already bought quite a few parts....

A$$holes. Hope you get a suitable financial settlement to this...(and that you still rebuild the bike)

Sale cancelled bike returned as they didn't want to do anything price wise
now I am left with quite a few parts....

Sale cancelled bike returned as they didn't want to do anything price wise
now I am left with quite a few parts....

So although you might be down a few quid once you've offloaded your carbon bits, has this forum has saved you losing a load of cash on a bike?

Latest posts

Back