New from Manchester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt

Reaction score
Thought i would introduce myself...

As you can see my name is Matt ive been riding bikes for most of my life and im 41 years old... Ive enjoyed many bikes which include, NSR 125's, TZR 250, FZR 400, CBR 600. My current bike is a new R1 in swan colours......

Since the launch of the s1000rr i swore i would never own one, i just couldn't accept that BMW could make a good super sports bike.. Well haven't i changed my mind...

One way or another i will own a s1000rr before the end of the year so im here to gain everyones views and experiences....

Matt.....

Just thought i'd add a picture of my current ride...

IMG_0238_zps55af9fb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Welcome Mate, I`m just over the other side of the M62 in Leeds. I`ve just bought (March 13) a s1000rr HP4 and my 2 previous bikes to this were x plane crank R1s 09 & 11 plate of which I loved especially the noise, if you do get a S1000rr you wont be disappointed there a fantastic bike.

Welcome Mate, I`m just over the other side of the M62 in Leeds. I`ve just bought (March 13) a s1000rr HP4 and my 2 previous bikes to this were x plane crank R1s 09 & 11 plate of which I loved especially the noise, if you do get a S1000rr you wont be disappointed there a fantastic bike.

Thanks for the reply mate, i know its a silly question but how do they compare?? Power, ride and handling??

Im also looking at the HP4 but at this time im worried about losing to much on my bike...

I can only speak for the HP4 re: handling as it`s got all electronic suspension, traction control etc which are awesome, its hard to describe but as the suspension is constantly changing and traction works automatically the ride is so smooth and the bikes much more planted therefor it handles so much better, it`s defiantly quicker than the R1 and just keeps on accelerating, the brakes on the R1 were good but the Brembo brakes on HP4 are in a different league. I had a power commander & quick shifter on my R1 which were good however the factory BMW one is much smoother, positive and sound great. The only thing the R1 has over the s1000rr is the sound of the x plane crank engine note (in my opinion) but other than that the R1 is like a Ferrari and the s1000rr HP4 is like Bugatti Veyron (just my opinion).

Great to see so many guy's from Manchester here and thank you all for the warm welcome...

Thanks for the feed back Doctor strange Luv and imo your right about the sound the R1 makes, i also think its the best looking bike followed closely by the s1rr. Im told that if i want the HP4 i will have to order now but wont see it till early next year, apparently it takes that long..

I need to do some serious thinking research and saving...

Matt...

Back