New exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks, want to come away from the long exhaust, the standard one sounds
really good just the size.

As regarding the full systems , on my own experance I have never had s problem with dealers and full system and warranty , (coopers Sunderland ) with the 2 bikes I have had, and I will be putting s full system on my 2015, mind you this Is with akrapovic systems

I would stay with the Akro system from the dealer. I'm getting mine installed next week.
If you want the AR, it really depends what your relationship is like with your dealer. In theory, if BMW ever felt that the AR system contributed to a fault in the bike, they could certainly try and reject a warranty claim on that basis. Another thing I have heard repeatedly from various dealers - even though it sounds like an urban myth - is that because of the nature of the RR, the minute BMW know you've installed an actual full 'race' system, they will automatically deep it to be a 'race' machine and void the ENTIRE warranty altogether. This wouldn't happen if you installed a de-cat system on a GS, but I suspect because of the nature of the RR as super-sports bike, there would be more reason for the company to believe that the bike being used in racing.
I have had full systems on both my 2010 & 2012 and the dealer has never said a word with warranty claims i have made, in fact they normally think it's great and love the sound......If (very unlikely) you have a major engine problem then they have to prove it was the exhausts fault. I have had PVC's on both bikes and never took off when having service or work done and never a word has been made to me....BMW have always been great to me with cars and bikes and i have had lots of bits done free of charge when car or bike is out of warranty as a good will gesture, In fact i had a new clutch put in my old M5 which was 8 years old free of charge which normally costs ?4000!!!!

Austin Racing are now listing slip on cans for the 2015. Look very nice and claim to be 96 db with exhaust flapper valve closed!!

Just got off the phone to AR... ?730 lighter!!! :greedy_dollars: What a helpful chap thou!... Bit embarrassing as I?ve forgotten his name but I had LOADS of questions for him and he answered them all perfectly :)
I didn?t want anything ridiculously loud as leaving my estate at 06:00 in the morning would become a chore. Before the flapper opens (around 6000RPM) the AR can is only a couple dB louder than the standard so I can still sneak out the estate :)
Unbelievably its got a road legal stamp!??? Big winner for me. You don?t have to remove fairings to fit it (GP2R Carbon slip on) and finally he offers this forum a discount refunded after you?ve bought it at full price :applause: Yet to find this out as it hasn?t been dispatched yet as its so new they?re currently manufacturing them... Will update when I find out. All in all really happy and excited for this bad boy to turn up!!! Watch this space

Ok mate ,not meaning anything by that ,just thought I mention it
Has he been putting his prices up , thought you could buy his cut and shunt system for those prices ,
or have I been asleep a couple of years ha

Looks too big, like small exhausts personally.

Agreed. Small exhaust but with a 'E' road mark ticks all the boxes! Akrapovic has a great name but only looks slightly better than standard. Doesn't suit the bike and was very disappointed. Keeping the cat keeps it civilized and by that i mean not shooting flames out the exhaust on every gear change and not so loud i can use it on track days :) For me it ticks all the boxes so far. proof will be when i fit it and update this thread :biggrin-new:

She arrived today and I'm so impressed with it! Rich from AustinRacing is super helpful and talked me through it, Oh and the total came to ?690 delivered. It comes with 4 baffles supplied so you customise it to be as loud or subtle as you like. After some tinkering around which is super easy I decided to leave the end can baffles in but removed the big long one in the link pipe. Took me 5 minutes to remove the original can and fit the Austin. Started it up and on tickover its about the same volume, rev it up a bit and it sound beautiful! Deep throaty tone and not ridiculously loud either! I will play about with removing the other baffles some time to fine tune it but so far i love it as it is. Oh last thing It doesn't have an 'E' stamp for europe but it does have the BS stamp which makes it legal in the UK and for MOT's. Looks stunning too :glee:

Latest posts

Back