New exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
I've been looking at a stubby exhaust for my 2015 RR. The Arrow one looks ok and Austin racing are releasing one soon.
Would either of these affect my warranty or would I need to buy an Acrapovic through the dealer when released?
Thanks in advance.

I too am waiting to see what is available, i have have full systems on both my 2010 and 2012 model and never had any issues with warranty etc, as if a problem occurs with the bike BMW will have to prove it was caused by changing the exhaust which is very unlikely.
My bike was going to be used by austin racing to do their systems but have now found a bike more local to them, With this bike i am going just for a slip on rather than full system due to the fact the cat is not a massive weight like on the old bikes and seeing i do many track days getting the bike to pass noise tests was always a massive headache.

Have just seen this on another forum, so have emailed austin to see if available yet?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1423501094956_zpsobqqd50i.jpg
    FB_IMG_1423501094956_zpsobqqd50i.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 315
I can't open the attachment but I also mailed AR. They said they were testing new systems this week

My bike is now at Austin Racing as they are using it to develop their new systems, so hopefully will have some pics in the next few days showing the options they will be doing

ok :) do you use your bike on the road or on the track? we you use it on the road so is there no problem with the police when the exhaustsystem doesnt have ece?
I have never had any issue on the road with any exhaust, i am more concerned about track days as it so hard to get through the noise limits.

Just been sent a couple of teaser pictures......can't wait to hear the thing.

Attachments

• austin1.jpg
    austin1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 136
  • austin2.jpg
    austin2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 133
Ok thanks. Carbon parts finish the bike off nicely.
Have AR given you any indication when the exhaust will be ready for sale?

I would stay with the Akro system from the dealer. I'm getting mine installed next week.
If you want the AR, it really depends what your relationship is like with your dealer. In theory, if BMW ever felt that the AR system contributed to a fault in the bike, they could certainly try and reject a warranty claim on that basis. Another thing I have heard repeatedly from various dealers - even though it sounds like an urban myth - is that because of the nature of the RR, the minute BMW know you've installed an actual full 'race' system, they will automatically deep it to be a 'race' machine and void the ENTIRE warranty altogether. This wouldn't happen if you installed a de-cat system on a GS, but I suspect because of the nature of the RR as super-sports bike, there would be more reason for the company to believe that the bike being used in racing.

If i'm going to loose the over run crescendo of pop's/bangs which is having the Noise Abatement Society jumping off beachy Head, then leave me out...

I would stay with the Akro system from the dealer. I'm getting mine installed next week.
If you want the AR, it really depends what your relationship is like with your dealer. In theory, if BMW ever felt that the AR system contributed to a fault in the bike, they could certainly try and reject a warranty claim on that basis. Another thing I have heard repeatedly from various dealers - even though it sounds like an urban myth - is that because of the nature of the RR, the minute BMW know you've installed an actual full 'race' system, they will automatically deep it to be a 'race' machine and void the ENTIRE warranty altogether. This wouldn't happen if you installed a de-cat system on a GS, but I suspect because of the nature of the RR as super-sports bike, there would be more reason for the company to believe that the bike being used in racing.

Does this exhaust have the full size end can or does it look like the AR?
I can't find anything on an Internet search!

Latest posts

Back