New boy james

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys meant join up my issue with the dead battery is alarm was active but now battery charged up only the fan is kicking in any ieas

Welcome to the site
Unfortunately I can't help you with your problem but I'm sure someone here can
Best of luck

Welcome. Not sure I really get the issue. It's hard to decipher as I'm guessing you've written the posts on a phone.

The battery was drained by the alarm? You recharged it but the bike won't start? What's that about a fan, do you mean the whirring sound of the fuel system priming?
When you hit the button to start it what actually happens?

Hi thanks for replying bike wasn't used battery went dead took it out to charge fully charged now when I connect the battery leads all that seems to come on is the cooling fan nothing on the dashboard blank I think because I disconnected the battery the alarm was in arm mode asleep and the bike has shut it's self down on thiinking it's been tampered with

You can unplug the OEM alarm - it's a single plug and no harm done. The bike should fire up without it. FWIW, mine was left without the battery for 3 months, stuck and new battery in it and it started on the button, alarm fitted and alarm removed.

So my thoughts are that your battery is still dead. Some will not recharge after being drained completely. I've replaced my old battery with a new one as part of a refurb, but when I went to charge the old one having left it on a shelf for 2months, it took a week of it sat on the optimate to get it to recharge - and I'm still not convinced its actually fully working. Lesson is - if the battery gets dead - just replace it. They are about ?50-70. YTZ10S is the Yuasa code for it.

Latest posts

Back